Sunday, April 9, 2023

Lemonade and Cotton Candy

Happy Easter - He is risen!! 

I've been in a plaid mood, and you'll be seeing more results later, but for today, here is a card that screams spring to me! (and the colors are kind of Easter-ish, too!)


supplies: white, kraft, Banana, Cotton Candy, and Green Apple cardstock, Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms dies, Hero Arts (retired) Made with Love sentiment, The Greetery Tartan Builder Diagonal layering plaid dies, squeezed lemonade, spun sugar, and vintage photo distress inks

I made my plaid using all of the stencils except for the first one, because I wanted some white to show in my design.  The distress inks I used are a perfect match for these Simon cardstock colors!  My sentiment is an old favorite from a Hero Arts clear set from 2011.  I stamped it in a dark brown ink and clear embossed it to make sure it showed up on the busy background.  

Hope your Sunday is going well; thank you so much for your visit here today!

6 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

LOVE the Spring colors! I cannot how closely matched the ink and paper colors are! Just beautiful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Happy Easter wishes, Lin!! Just love the plaid you created behind your gorgeous florals!!

JoAnn said...

Easter Blessings to you Lin. Love your plaid background you created and the lovely Be Bold Blooms (one of my favorites). Such pretty spring colors. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn T said...

The soft colours on the plaid are so beautiful and compliment the flowers perfectly. A really pretty card Lin

Lisa Elton said...

This is a new favorite, Lin! I love every special sweet element on this card. IT makes ME smile!

kiwimeskreations said...

Amazing work Lin - such a pretty card - love that sentiment and the placement of it
Blessings
Maxine