Friday, April 7, 2023

Spellbinders April Club Kits

 Today I have my cards that use the Spellbinders April Kits of the Month!

The Glimmer of the Month foiling plate has a small panel of leaves that's meant to be foiled twice horizontally on an A2 card, but I chose to use it just once vertically. There are 2 sentiments that you can foil, plus 5 dies that cut out a section of the design. And there's an add on stencil that goes with this set!  I liked this foiling/stencil combo so much, I made 2 cards!

Because it's April and spring, I wanted my leaves to be green, so I used Veridian Green foil; this pairs nicely with a kelly green cardstock.  My sentiment is a 2nd generation foiled one using a solid foiling plate.


supplies: white and green cardstock, Glimmer Leaf Panel Kit, Veridian Green glimmer foil, Leaf Panel stencil, Sweet Leaf and Just Green inks, solid foiling plate

My 2nd card uses the Blush glimmer foil that comes with this kit, and I discovered that you can run a foiling sentiment plate through your machine just as you would a die - look at the results! 


supplies: white and peach cardstock, copper foil cardstock, Glimmer Leaf Panel Kit, Blush glimmer foil, Leaf Panel stencil, Peach Perfect and Pink Pearl inks, Hydrangea Blooms embossing folder

After cutting out my sentiment I lined it with a strip of copper foil cardstock to make the details show up better.  AND I used the included dies to pop out 5 of the leaf sprigs, which I then glued to 3 more plain white layers and inlaid back into the design. (at top of card)

Next up is the 3D Embossing Folder of the Month: 3D Patchwork.  This is truly a patchwork, with a center floral panel and 5 other skinny panels surrounding it.

I honed in on the large center floral section of this folder for my card, and after embossing it on white, I trimmed it out and colored it with markers.


supplies: white and peach cardstock, 3D Patchwork 3D embossing folder, alcohol markers to color, Quilty Hugs die

The Stitching Die of the Month Kit is called Stitched Fanfare.  This month the stitching is minimal, just around the edges of 3 of the fan shapes.  The sentiment you see is included in this set.


supplies: white, Green Apple, purple, yellow, and orchid cardstock, Stitched Fanfare Stitching Dies, embroidery flosses to match, Flower Frenzy embossing folder

I used all 6 strands of floss for my stitching.

The Small Dies of the Month Kit called Punch and Pierce Borders has 5 different patterns of lacy strips that you can mix and match.  I think they would make a pretty wedding card - just choose the underlying color to fit the wedding colors!


supplies: white and bright yellow cardstock, Punch and Pierce Borders Dies of the Month, sentiment from the Large Dies of the Month: Punch and Pierce Frame and Sentiments (shown below),  Mini Blooms and Sprigs dies, white and gold pearls

And my last card features the Large Dies of the Month: Punch and Pierce Frame and Sentiments.




supplies: pinks, green, and white cardstock, Punch and Pierce Frame and Sentiments Large Dies of the Month, Mix & Match Holiday Greetings dies, Mini Blooms and Sprigs dies, adhesive foam to lift frame

This set consists of the frame, plus 6 different sentiments and shadow dies that you can mix and match. (I mixed in some older Spellbinders flowers and a sentiment for my card.)   If you look on the Spellbinders website, you can see that this will be a great set to make shaker cards!

You can look HERE for information on Spellbinders Clubs.  Each is available only from the 6th until the 27th of each month.  If you click on my links under each of my cards, you can see the details of each kit.  There are many ways to combine these products, and you can cancel a subscription at any time without penalty.



4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Lin - so much crafty goodness using those Spellbinder products for April! You always inspire and make me eager for mine to arrive!! Especially love the last card with the pink frame!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful selection of beautiful cards using the releases Lin - awesome work
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Amazing cards Lin. You've been really busy with these. I love them all.

Lisa Elton said...

What a fabulous line-up of cards! Love those pretty little leaves on the first two!