Friday, September 29, 2023

Pastel Punkins!

 These 3 little pumpkin dies with the stitched details really appealed to me when Concord & 9th recently brought them out.  I also noticed that one of the designers there made a card with pink pumpkins, so I thought I'd run with that idea and make mine pink, cream, and pale blue!


supplies: ivory, cotton candy, surf blue, green apple, green leaf, and 2 kraft cardstock, The Greetery Tartan Builder Diagonal layering stencils, spun sugar, tumbled glass, and vintage photo distress inks, Concord & 9th Playful Pumpkins dies and stamped sentiment from their (retired) Give Thanks set

After deciding on my main colors, I found distress ink colors that matched to stencil my plaid for a background, then cut out the pumpkins and die and arranged them, popping them above the background after I'd stamped my sentiment.

I remember when I first saw my first white pumpkin years and years ago, in Maine when we were on vacation.  It seemed like it took forever for us to find them here in Ohio, but they are common here now.  If we had the space, I'd love to grow them!

Happy Fall!

I'd like to enter this card into this week's Simon Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Perfect pumpkins with that plaid, Lin - I love those colors!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a delightful card Lin - love your various colours on the pumpkins. but also that they are perfectly matched in the plaid!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

What pretty pumpkins Lin. The paid background looks great in those pretty colours too.

JoAnn said...

Love your plaid background with those cute pumpkins. Great card.