Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Color Me a Hero

At A Blog Named Hero, our challenge is to use their logo colors.  I decided to use one of the monthly sketches from Hero Arts blog this month, too.  And since I couldn't find the right colors any other way, most of the stamping is done with VersaMark ink, getting my colors from embossing powders.  The plus is that, viewed from certain angles, the embossing gives a nice glow to the card.


supplies: white, tan, and red cardstock, Hero Arts CL510 Sweet Threads Labels (large flower), CL266 Mix & Match (small flower), CL342 Everyday Sayings, VersaMark ink and Zing leaf embossing powder and Recollections Glacier embossing powder, Brilliance Pearlescent Beige and clear embossing powder, Memento LadyBug Red, Hero Arts red metallic accents

14 comments:

Vicky said...

Great card Lin! I love how you colored your background just with embossing powder.

Pam W Merwin said...

Lin, love the embossing and your ink choices are perfect! Have a blessed day!

Annette Allen said...

very pretty...I love this color combo and those flowers look amazing...

Barb said...

I love the shine from the embossing, Lin - pretty card!

Jacqueline said...

What a lovely card Lin, you got some cool inspiration for this card!

joy said...

Love the embossed flowers!! Very pretty design, Lin!

Maureen Morton said...

Great & creative way to "find" the colors, Lin - I doubt that I would have them handy, either. You used this sketch beautifully - such fun flowers!

Jackie said...

Beautiful! I may have to quit reading your blog, it's giving me a bad case of the iwannas. No, I won't quit reading it, you do such beautiful work!

Kara Lynne said...

Great idea with the embossing. Love the little pops of pinky/red!

Stephanie said...

Wow - you really made the logo colours look great on this card!
Love it! :-)

Dawn T said...

beautifully done Lin. Love the way the your red shines on the other colours.

Robin K. said...

Love how this flower image looks embossed! The little pops of red from the smaller flower image are perfect!

cheiron said...

Gorgeous Lin! Thanks for playing along with us for challenge #5 over at A Blog Named Hero!

Unknown said...

Lin, this is so pretty! Every time I see your name I know a gorgeous card is to follow! :) Thanks for playing along with us over at A Blog Named Hero!