Monday, June 25, 2012

A sketch challenge

The sketch at the Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge this week intrigued me.

I don't have any of their stamps, so I decided to make my card using coordinating papers with minimal stamping, (only the label with its sentiment):


supplies: white cardstock, Echo Park Hello Summer papers, Cuttlebug Wicker Weave embossing folder, Wplus9 Folk Art Florals, Hero Arts CL488 Congrats label, Technique Tuesday This is the Day by Ali Edwards, EKSuccess diamond scallop border punch, green flower, Recollections pastel pearls, Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares to pop sentiment

12 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Aww, this is too sweet, Lin! The birdie paper and coordinating bird-on-flower made me smile. :) I am SO happy you are back to play with us again at IBSIC!

Deb Hickman said...

Such a sweet card, I love the cute birdies. Thanks so much for joining us this week at IBSIC. Deb xxx

nwilliams6 said...

Totally adorable! What a great sentiment - so affirming. Super sweet colors and papers too!!!

Anita Rex said...

Super cute and fun! :> Love the pearls great touch!

Sue Lelli said...

Lin, LOVE the birdie paper and the one you cut out! Also that sentiment is wonderful! GREAT card!

Dawn T said...

all those pretty colours Lin. I really love your pp and bird

Therese Franziska said...

Hi Lin,
your cards are always amazing.you have such a good sense for bright and happy colors!!!love these!!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.
Of course you can use the music..
Many hugs and greetings,
Franziska

Maureen Morton said...

What a sw"tweet" card, Lin - great use of fun papers and there are so many dear details. Love it.

Robin K. said...

Very "tweet" Lin! I'm always in awe of your layering skills:)

~Tammy~ said...

This paper is adorable and I love the matching birdie! Great take on the IBSIC sketch this week. I hope to see you back again! Thanks for joining in the fun at IBSIC! :-)

Marge said...

WHAT a DARLING card!!! That paper and that birdie are BEYOND cute and I love how you did the coordinating pearl colors -- clever!!! Sooo many entries are just such HAPPY cards & this certainly is!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! I love your birdie sitting in the adorable flower! How sweet! Hugs, Joanna