Friday, June 29, 2012

Velveteen Stamping

I wanted to make a card to enter into the Moxie Fab World's Stamp It! Cards week for the Thank You challenge.  I also wanted to use the bordered sentiment technique again, also incorporating the Velveteen Stamping technique that I learned from Shari Carroll. 

Can you see the underlying pattern that was stamped all over the card in white ink first? That is the velveteen technique.  


supplies: blue card, white cardstock, Hero Arts CG335 Dot Flower Pattern, Colorbox Frost White Ink, CG278 Four Fun Flowers, sentiments from CL491 Made with Love, CL341 Thank You Sayings, CL497 Find Joy, Hero Arts mid-tone inks pool, butter bar, and green hills

Briefly, to get this effect you stamp a background stamp in white ink on white cardstock, then overstamp the sentiments and flowers using colored inks.  You get the best results when your stamps are solid rubber, so that the underlying pattern can show through......I was surprised to see it come through on the biggest sentiment also! 

19 comments:

Ruby Craft said...

Simply beautiful. I love these bright bold colors on these solid flower stamps. Your card really showcases this technique.

Annette Allen said...

pretty card...love the color combo...

Elizabeth Allan said...

Marvelous inking magic Lin!

Maureen Morton said...

Surprises can be good - ha! Love the soft texture of this card and the tropical colors. The techniques came together so beautifully!

Barb said...

Gosh, this turned out perfect, Lin! LOVE the way the Dot Flower Pattern looks with this technique! Beautiful colors too! :)

LauraJane:) said...

Thanks for the reminder of such a LOVELY technique!

Pam W Merwin said...

Awesome Lin! Love the inks you used for the flowers and sentiment!

Jenny Marples said...

A beautiful use for this technique Lin. Thank you for your lovely comment. Hugs, Buttons x

Brenda said...

Such beautiful colors on your card Lin and the technique turned out awesomely!

Jackie said...

Your card is so pretty, I do love that technique...both techniques, actually.

Leni said...

Love your card! The velveteen look is wonderful ! And the colors are so summery!

Dawn T said...

Awesome Lin I haven't tried the velveteen technique yet. This makes me want to now.

Robin K. said...

This beauty makes me want to try that technique again! I was unsuccessful in my last attempt:(

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous Velveteen stamping!! Love it, Lin!

Lisa Carroll said...

Totally gorgeous! I love the colors you chose - bright, but not too much.. just right. ;) And your velveteen stamping, WOW! I wasn't very successful when I tried this technique, either. Did you use dye inks all around (white and colored)? You'll have to share your success tips... ;)

Anna-Karin said...

Such a beautiful example of this technique! Love the great colours. TFS!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the texture you get from this technique - I will definitley be trying it!

Unknown said...

Great technique and great design!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks for linking this up to the Thank You Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)