Saturday, June 2, 2012

"Color Me Pretty" at the Shabby Tea Room

I haven't played at the Shabby Tea Room for quite some time.  I adore shabby cards, but they don't come naturally to me, so I need to keep practicing.  This week's challenge is to use white or cream, pink and blue, plus flowers and a fabric element.  I started with this pretty vintage print of 2 flowers that have so much meaning to me, and then found some papers that would enhance it.



supplies: cream parchment cardstock, design papers from Bazzill Basics Vintage Marketplace" and Authentique's "Delighful" paper pads, BoBunny Mint Dot, Hero Arts LP128 Artistic Windows (script on background), CL564 Friend, You're the Best (sentiment), VersaFine vintage sepia ink, Nesties scalloped rectangles, Hobby Lobby lace, white pearls, Wplus9 Folk Art Florals (leaf diecuts), seam binding dyed with spun sugar distress ink, blue dotted button, all distressed lightly with antique linen distress ink

I roughed up some of the edges and distressed them, randomly stamped the script on the background blue, and dyed my seam binding with spun sugar distress ink, centering it with a blue dotted button.  I also added a few pearls along the leaf stems to simulate more lily of the valley.  

Here's our photo inspiration:



And I'd also like to add this to the "Flowers and Ribbon" challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Edited to add: This card was published in Create: Vintage Idea Book Magazine, in January 2013.

19 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Lin, your card is lovely! I just had to leave a comment!!

I couldn't help but notice your blog header is also a perfect match to the photo:)

My neighbor has lilly of the valley flowers in her yard. They are my birth month flower.

And I love the script stamp!

LauraJane:) said...

You did a great job on this one LIN! I think your practice payed off:)

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty shabby little card Lin! Love your pearl accents and the pretty rose print!

Tracey said...

Lin, this card is totally shabby!! Well done sista...LOVE IT!!!!

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful Lin. I love that vintage image. :)

Hugs~

Tenia Nelson said...

Just gorgeous!!!

Jacqueline said...

Lin, this is so PRETTY - just so you!

Barb said...

It sure looks to me like this style comes naturally to you! Every detail on the gorgeous card is perfect, Lin!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is so beautiful and pretty Lin! LOVE everything about it!
Hugs, Karin

Pam W Merwin said...

You do shabby so well :) Love your card!

Michelle said...

wow! wow! wow! so beautifully done, Lin!

Virginia L. said...

You can do all kinds! This is so shabby chic and beautiful!

Sue McRae said...

Really beautiful card Lin! There are so many wonderful layers and I love the soft distressing!

galya said...

Very nice and gently.

Kara Lynne said...

Where do I start?! You've got all the right elements in all the right amounts, if you ask me. That is a wonderful image, and you dressed it up beautifully.

Brenda said...

Oh this is beautifully shabby Lin! I love that lace with the pearls!

Joy said...

Gorgeous Lin, love the shabby chic on this card, perfection.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Judy Rozema said...

Just perfect for the inspiration photo!! You do shabby very well! Thank you for playing along in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Flower and Ribbon Challenge! Hope to see you in the June 15 challenge too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Lin, congrats on your win at Really Reasonable Ribbon! One would never know that shabby doesn't come naturally to you. I think this is just perfect. I love everything about it, but that is usually how I feel about *all* your cards!