Monday, June 11, 2012

Resist for Julie's challenge

The sweet Julie Koerber is celebrating 5 years of blogging with a wonderful challenge - to use resist.  Since that technique is one of my favorites, too, I had to enter.  Here is my card:


supplies: cream and pink cardstock, digital printout of an excerpt from The Secret Garden, Hero Arts K5370 Garden Silhouette, PTI tiny tags die and Garden Variety sentiment, VersaMark ink and Zing white embossing powder, VersaFine vintage sepia ink, Die-Namics large scallop die, markers for coloring image, pink gingham bow

I love using text on my cards and adding resist to it is a plus.  This text is an excerpt from "The Secret Garden", one of my favorite childhood books.  This particular flower stamp stamps the background, which I white embossed to block out the text, letting it appear only in the flowers and leaves, which I then colored with markers.  The resist also keeps my coloring in the lines, an added bonus for some of the tiny details.  These hollyhocks are a sentimental favorite of mine, so everything about this card has meaning for me.  Hope you like it, too, Julie!

Happy Blogversary, Julie!  May you continue to inspire us for many more years!

11 comments:

Barb said...

I remember when this stamp first came out and you created the most amazing cards with it, Lin! You know I love this one with these colors, and the text adds even more beauty to it! YUM!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Lin, I love the text borders too!!

LauraJane:) said...

The text from The Secret Garden is Perfect for this card! So LOVELY!
My favorite copy of the story is ILLs. by TASHA TUDOR..your card has that TASHA feel to it:)

Elizabeth Allan said...

I can't "resist" your card Lin! Love the combination of text and color!

Kara Lynne said...

I love that text in the flowers AND the background! Great technique and so beautiful.

Mirta Sanchez said...

O that's very pretty! I need to try this technique!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the text coming through.

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Lin. Such pretty colours.

Julie Koerber said...

Wowzers -- this is a stunner of a card and I love how you can read snippets of the text underneath the resist portion -- TOO COOL and very pretty!

Maureen Morton said...

Lin, you have knocked it out of the park! This is amazing! I love that you used a book page - it adds such special character. But, what did the librarian say? Ha! A wonderful technique and a lovely, lovely card!

MarcyK924 said...

OMIGOSH, this is amazing! What a beautifully put together design! And I HEART those colors!! XOXO