Saturday, June 9, 2012

Back to Kraft Basics

While visiting Deirdre's blog, I linked over to Paper Play Challenges, where the challenge is "Back to Kraft Basics".  I love using kraft, and I kept it very basic on my entry, stamping only in black and using minimal embellishments.


supplies: kraft and black cardstock, Stampendous CRP153 Botanical Asperula, PTI Garden Variety sentiment, Hero Arts S5507 Envelope Pattern, VersaFine onyx black ink, black and white gingham ribbon, tiny white flower, black pearl

In case you're wondering, I looked up "Asperula Odorata" and it's Sweet Woodruff, a ground cover that gets fragrant white flowers and is used to make May wine.  This is the version I know, and it does have a lovely fragrance!

12 comments:

joy said...

Love the black on kraft, Lin! Kinda' vintage looking.

Annette Allen said...

So pretty Lin...Love the black on the kraft...

Maureen Morton said...

Wow - this is so striking, Lin. I love kraft, but haven't used it in quite awhile. Need to get it out with this sweet inspiration. The black gives such a fine vintage look. Thanks for the flower lesson, too!

Lisa Elton said...

Splendid card Lin, love the addition of the sweet gingham ribbon!

MarcyK924 said...

Ooo - do I love this card! Kraft and black is ALWAYS a fav, especially with that pretty gingham ribbon! Adore your image!

Someone told me to use sweet woodruff in a spot I need for a shade garden, but it gets sold out so quickly! No wonder!

Clare said...

Just stunning, Lin! I used to use kraft so much, but not so much now - I might have to give this challenge ago and pull my kraft cardstock!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your beautiful black on kraft floral, Lin, and that gingham is perfect! Fun photo of the real flowers too!!

nanditark said...

simple and cute !

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a gorgeous stamp, Lin. I know Sweet Woodruff, and have had it in my garden once upon a time. It just disappeared, never returned.

Cindy C. said...

Very pretty black, white and kraft card Lin!

Kara Lynne said...

Great effect with the black on kraft. Love the touch of white. Beautiful card!

Frances said...

Your card is so beautiful.Love the image and the sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Paper Play challenges this week.
Hugs, Frances.