Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happy Birthday USA!

Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!  This week is a patriotic or sports-related theme, since the 4th of July and the Olympics are coming soon.  The DT is using Cuttlebug products.  Here's what I made this week, using the faux-letterpress technique:


I used these products: Cuttlebug Stars embossing folder, Simon Says Stamp "Oh Happy Day" craft die, Hero Arts CL371 Essential Messages and Stone Wash mid-tone ink, Adirondack Cranberry ink

For those who haven't tried the faux-letterpress technique, it's really simple: ink the top of your embossing folder before inserting your paper and embossing it.  I chose this Hero Arts mid-tone ink because I knew it would give me good coverage.

Now it's your turn!  Make something using our theme this week and upload it to our Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

As usual, there's a $50.00 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore!!

22 comments:

Laurel Beard said...

This is fantastic! Love the embossed background and the use of the SSS die! The heart button with twine is precious! I LOVE IT!

Jingle said...

The embossing looks amazing! I love your card!

Barb said...

Awesome, patriotic card, Lin! Love that starry background! What a fun challenge! :)

LauraJane:) said...

WOWWWZA Lin! Love the FAUX letterpress technique.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lin :-) I love the folder you used and the colours and technique you used are just perfect !! Love the 'Happy' and the cute heart button too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Kara Lynne said...

I love that technique! Very effective on this wonderful card. Great design, Lin!

Elizabeth Allan said...

The the die-cut script mimics the twine perfectly! Red, White and Beautiful!

cheiron said...

Wonderful Lin! Love your faux letterpress-very patriotic!

Anonymous said...

This is so great card ;) So simple but also so good ;)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Sweet design, Lin!! I love the way you incorporated one of the new dies, it looks fantastic!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Robin K. said...

Love how your faux letterpress turned out! The little heart button with the twine bow is so sweet:)

Tiffany Temple said...

I really like this card! It's perfect for my friend whose birthday is flag day :)

Carol L said...

I love the white stars on the blue background, and that new die looks fabulous on this birthday card! That heart-shaped button is really eye catching too ;)

Tracey said...

Oh Lin this is FABulous!!! LOVE the faux press look!

Dawn T said...

Great card Lin. Love the faux letterpress look and the blue red and white colouring.

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous card Lin.
luv
Debby

Maureen Morton said...

I love this folder and how you've used it! Too bad for me, I posted my card just before this great challenge was released! Ah, well.....love your card and how you used that great die, too. Have a grand and glorious.....

Brenda said...

That just seems to be the perfect embossing folder to use that technique on! And hence a perfectly beautiful card Lin!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Great card, Lin! Love how the faux letter press turned out!

Lisa Carroll said...

FABULOUS! Your faux letterpress looks amazing! I'm totally inspired to give it a try now.. WOW! And love the diecut, too... perfect card!

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card Lin!! Absolutely love it!! Awesome design!!

hugs...
Melissa

Joy said...

Love the distressed feel that you gave to the background Lin and the colours are super perfect..hugs