Friday, April 12, 2019

A Spring Wreath

We're home from Florida and I'm able to use all my supplies again here at home!  I've been itching to try Tammy Tutterow's Crafter's Edge fabric dies with some felt (up 'til now I've been using papers), and here is my first play, a little 9" twig wreath.


supplies: twig wreath, Tammy's Beautiful Succulents 3 for the flowers, and a leaf each from the Foliage and Posey Flowers 4 fabric cutting die sets, Taylored Expressions Avocado, Cotton Candy, Lilac, and an unknown pale yellow, pale green buttons, and some pale green hand-dyed binding to wrap the wreath.

Here's a closer look at the flowers:



All of my supplies were what I had on hand.  At some point I may replace the binding with a green gingham ribbon, if I can find the right shade.   I simply cut out the flowers and leaves on my Spellbinders Platinum machine, using a metal shim, and secured the flowers together with a button center, then sewed a leaf or 2 to each.  After wrapping my wreath, I used a course twine to sew the flowers and leaves on, adding a glue dot to the leaves on each end to hold them to the wreath and prevent them from flopping over while hanging.

It was nice to bring a little spring inside while we're waiting for it to arrive outside!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Joy Meadows said...

So pretty, Lin!

Cat Craig said...

WOW, so pretty Lin.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful springlike wreath Lin - very pretty
Blessings
Maxine