Sunday, April 21, 2019

Christ is Risen!

I snagged myself one of the beautiful floral cross dies from a recent Simon Fresh Bloom release, and here is what I envisioned when I first saw it.



supplies: white, Surf Blue, Green Apple, and 2 pink cardstocks, Outline Floral Cross and Hemstitch Oval dies, sentiment from Tiny Words Faith, adhesive foam strips to raise cross

I cut the cross, glued it inside my oval, then inlaid the flowers and leaves back into the design.  I plan to make several of these and try some different color combinations.

Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

Joy Meadows said...

So pretty!

Betty said...

so pretty - the blue is a perfect background for the gorgeous cross.

JoAnn said...

This is beautiful. I love that cross die and the way you have inlaid the colored pieces, they are so pretty on the blue background. TFS

Cat Craig said...

Lovely card, the oval hemstitch is a perfect frame for this beautiful cross die.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning Easter card, Lin! Just love all the inlaid pieces - so perfect against the blue card!! Happy Easter wishes to you & your family!!

Greta said...

Just gorgeous, Lin! I have that die on my wishlist--now more than ever!

CherylQuilts said...

Lin, what an absolutely gorgeous card! I love the floral cross and the colors you've used! Praise God He is risen indeed! What a wonderful card for Easter! Hugs and love, my friend! xoxo

Lisa Elton said...

What a PRETTY card, love it!

kiwimeskreations said...

An exquisite card Lin - I love that cross.
Blessings
Maxine