Saturday, April 27, 2019

Alcohol Pearls

In this month's Simon Card Kit are 3 full-size bottles of alcohol pearls, blending solution, and some yupo paper, so here's a card that I made with them.


supplies: white cardstock, Yupo paper, Sublime and Tranquil alcohol pearls inks, and blending solution, Tim Holtz Flourish embossing folder, Spring Blessings die, MFT Stitched Blooms dies, Limeade sprinkles for flower centers

I squirted on the 2 colors of pearl alcohol inks along with some blending solution, and then used a felt-covered tool to pounce the colors around until I was pleased with the results.  The resulting color mix is a beautiful spring green with a lovely pearlescence, and that's when I decided to make a card for the season.  

After allowing the panel to dry a short time, I then put it inside the embossing folder, ran it through my machine, then lightly sanded the surface of the panel to bring out more of the flourish details.

The original plan was to cut the panel into pieces and just add my die-cut sentiment, but it was on the boring side, so I quickly cut some flowers to add to the mix and used some green enamel dots in their centers.  This design puts me in mind of sweet woodruff when it blooms ......beautiful green leaves with simple little white flowers.

Here's the Card Kit for May, which includes 3 of these inks plus so much more!


I hope spring is moving along in your neck of the woods.....we're having lots of rain at the moment, so that should foresee lots more green in the future!

5 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty! I hope to have a chance to try this product sometime soon. Love the embossing with the sanding.

CherylQuilts said...

This is beautiful, Lin, and I love this embossing folder! Love the dies too! Amazing with the new Yupo paper, that I've not tried yet! But it sure is pretty! Hugs and love! xoxo

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful.

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous. The addition of the flowers really does add to the card.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh how beautiful Lin - love how you have sanded the embossed pattern to highlight it. Exquisite!
Blessings
Maxine