Saturday, April 6, 2019

Something a Little Different

Recently Betty sent me some panels covered in wide washi tape after I had admired her work with it........I finally found some time to have a play!


supplies: white card, wide washi from The Ton, Hemstitch Rectangle die and dusty pink embroidery floss, MFT Sending Hugs sentiment dies, DCWV Metallics paper pad, adhesive foam squares to lift up flowers

I first trimmed a washi panel slightly smaller than A2 size, then die-cut the Hemstitch Rectangle, and sewed through the holes with embroidery thread, 6 strands.  I fussy-cut the floral spray from another of the panels, and popped it above the card, adding my die-cut sentiment, cut from rose-gold foil metallic.  The washi has rose-gold foiling and is really lovely, so I wanted to add a bit more of that metallic feel to reinforce it.  

Many thanks, Betty - what a thoughtful thing to do!

6 comments:

Betty said...

love love how you used the embroidery floss to accent the flowers - beautiful card!!

Cat Craig said...

Lin this is a stunner. the floss really adds such a nice texture to your card.

Arlene said...

Just enough punch with the embroidery and popped flowers to give interest, but not overwhelm the eye. Just lovely.

Lura said...

Wow wow wow! This is a gorgeous card!

Cindy C. said...

So beautifully done!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE this Lin!!