Sunday, April 14, 2019

Foiling a Stencil

I ordered a few new things from Simon's Blossoms & Butterflies release and received them yesterday!  Here's my first play with the new stencil called Bouquet of Roses.


supplies: white card, gold glitter, and mirror gold card, Bouquet of Roses stencil, transfer gel, Emerald Watercolor foil, peacock feathers oxide ink, Thanks die

The above picture shows the card tilted to catch the foil colors of peacock, green, and gold.  Here's what the card looks like upright.


I applied the transfer gel throught my stencil onto a white card panel.  The gel is shiny.  I set it aside to dry for a few hours (and dinner) and then placed a piece of the watercolor foil on top and heated it with my laminator.  It was pretty, but I didn't like the contrast of the foiling against bright white, so I then sponged on some peacock feathers oxide ink.  Then I mounted my panel onto gold glitter card and added a gold foil sentiment.  I didn't want to cover up any more of the design than I had to, so this small thanks die fit the bill perfectly! 


Hope your Sunday is going well - it's a bit dreary here, but things are greening up and popping up, so it's a great trade-off!

8 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Lin this is beautiful.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Have never tried foiling but you make it looks so beautiful, Lin! Gorgeous card!!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, the colours are spectacular! Cathy x

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Lin, what an elegant and lovely card!

Greta said...

I really "need" that stencil as I love every card I've seen with it! Yours is right up at the top with that gorgeous foil! I really need to use my transfer gel again--you've inspired me, Lin!

Dawn T said...

WOW - the shine is amazing. Lovely card Lin. It's a great stencil too

kiwimeskreations said...

Lin this is exquisite - love the peacock feathers background - it really sets the foiling off to perfection
Blessings
Maxine

Daria said...

Absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing the details.