Friday, May 14, 2021

Hollyhocks Mini Slimline

 I'm still on the mini slimline bandwagon, and I thought I'd CASE some of my own cards and convert them to this new size.  

Back in 2014, I took an online class called Stretch Your Stamps 2, and one of the lessons, taught by Dawn W., was to doodle around a stamped floral image.  I pretty much CASEd the card I made then for today's card.


supplies: white and coral cardstock, long-retired Avery Elle Oh Happy Day solid floral and leaf stamps, Altenew inks, Simon Beautiful Butterflies sentiment, a fine-tipped pen to outline the stamped images, pink and yellow pearls

I stamped the solid flowers and leaves vertically to create my hollyhocks, then dipped my wet paint brush into one of the green inks and created stems to connect them.  Then I just doodled/outlined around everything.

This was just as much fun this time around as it was back then!  Thanks for stopping by - enjoy your day.

5 comments:

Cindy C. said...

It looks very nice! Great idea of doodling the outline, perfect to match with stamp sets if needed.

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Lin - love the doodles, they look so much part of the image.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

I Card Everyone said...

So glad you recreated this card, Lin - I don't think I saw the original!
I adore hollyhocks - you've doodling done it so adorably!
=]

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Lin. Love the way took the idea of your previous card and made a mini slimline.

Lisa Elton said...

The bling you added is wonderful! Such a pretty card!