Sunday, May 2, 2021

My First Mini Slimline Cards!

 I've been intrigued by the many mini slimline cards I've seen popping up, but I didn't realize how darling this size is until I made one for myself!  Be prepared to see lots more of these!  For convenience, I started with a 6" square piece of white cardstock and scored it down the middle at 3" for my base. 

supplies: white, Memory Box Ocean Blues, Sunny Oranges, and Lush Greens cardstock, Doodlebug Gingham patterned paperThe Greetery Botanicuts Sunflower dies, Hero Arts leaf die, My Favorite Things Sending You Hugs die, Doodlebug heart sprinkles

I like this design so much that I'm going to use it as my blog header for awhile.  That was so much fun, I made another, this time a vertical design.


supplies: white, Green Apple and yellow cardstock, Simon Medium Dots stencil, Green Apple ink, Daffodil Stem and Spring Blessings dies, pale green sparklets

This daffodil was already constructed from another project, so all I had to do was stencil and emboss a panel of cardstock using Green Apple ink, and cut it into 4 sections for my background panel.  This Spring Blessings die is one of my favorites; love the font!

Now I have to get myself some mini slimline envelopes!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two perfectly delightful cards!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty slimline cards. I love the blue one (my favorite color) with the blue sunflowers. TFS

I Card Everyone said...

That blue gingham makes a statement when opening your blog, Lin! Of course you must have flowers there - these darling paper ones do the trick!
I love the split-four of your embossed panel here behind that sweet daffodil!
Thanks for starting my week on such a pretty 'mini slimline' note - psssst! I know just where you'll find the envelopes, wink!
=]

Dawn T said...

Delightful cards Lin. I really like this mini size.