Sunday, May 23, 2021

Slimline Hugs

 I fell in love with the recently released Floral Garden clear stamp set; here's my first play with it.


supplies: white and black cardstock, Floral Garden, alcohol markers, a hugs die, ancient Martha Stewart butterfly punch, irridescent sequins

I stamped and embossed the full image.  After coloring in all the flowers, I decided to make it into a slimline, so I trimmed out part of the design (the remainder makes a nice bookmark!).  That was framed in black, then placed on a white card base.  I wanted my sentiment to be at the bottom, which left some space at the top for a butterfly, which I repeated again amongst the flowers, securing them only in their centers so I could pull their wings up for some dimension.  I added some sequins to a few of the flower centers, and also on the butterflies bodies.


These make a nice change from my regular A2 cards, and they fit into a business envelope.

Thanks for stopping by - have a great day!

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Lin. Love the tall flowers

kiwimeskreations said...

this is so very pretty Lin - love the drama of the black sentiment and butterflies against the pastel flowers
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine