Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Simon Says.......Stencil It!

 


Happy Wednesday - welcome to our challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


This week we want to see your work featuring stencils.  The team is playing with Pink Fresh Studio products, but you can use anything you'd like.  I chose a set of layering stencils and made 2 cards with them.

supplies: white cardstock, grey plank dp, PinkFresh Studio Daisy Wreath stencil set, kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, cracked pistachio and lucky clover distress oxide inks, blender brushes, sentiment from Simon Beautiful Butterflies, pink enamel dots, adhesive foam

After stamping my wreath I fussy-cut it into 2 parts and layered them over an oval on which I'd stamped my sentiment, then lifted it above the card base.

For my 2nd card, I stamped the flowers in 2 colors, overstamped a sentiment, then trimmed the panel.


supplies: white cardstock, PinkFresh Studio Daisy Wreath stencil set, Altenew mini ink cubes (Hydrangea and UltraViolet, Chamomile and Snapdragon, Lime and Fresh Leaf), sentiment from Simon (retired) Beautiful Day, Penny Black Stitched Stackers framing die, yellow enamel dots

I love these layering stencils because I don't have to do any coloring, which is not my strong point.  With some pretty inks, you can bring these to life!

Now it's your turn!  We have a $25.00 gift certificate 



to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!  I can't wait to see what you all make this week!

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the interest the enamel dots add! Two charming cards, Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving those layering stencils Lin - you have used them to great effect on these two beautiful cards
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Aren't these layering stencil amazing. Love how you have used this one.

I Card Everyone said...

You had me at the grey wood, Lin! But OH they are both so beautiful!
I just received my Pinkfresh order - hmmm I think I have one of their layering sets in there - wink!
=]

Charlene said...

Thanks for a great idea on using this stencil set - never thought of using it with two different colors! Super job!