Monday, May 3, 2021

Spring Bouquet cards

 Here are 2 cards using the luscious floral swags in the new Spring Bouquets clear stamp set.  I made them into slimline cards.  The first is a mini, just a hair over 6" long.


supplies: white and watercolor cardstock, Spring Bouquets rose spray, watercolor markers and water, sentiment from Beautiful Butterflies, Tim Holtz Flourish stencil and squeezed lemonade distress ink

After coloring and fussy-cutting out my floral and sentiment, I stencilled, then embossed the stencil for my background.  If you've been here before you know that one of my favorite flowers is a yellow rose.

My next card is a "normal" slimline size, 8 1/2" long.


supplies: white and black cardstock, watercolor paper, vellum, Spring Bouquets spray and sentiment, watercolor markers and water, (retired) Hero Arts script woodblock (Artistic Windows), Doodlebug heart sprinkles

The flowers were stamped on a panel trimmed to fit my card base, and after coloring it, I masked parts of the design to stamp the little script for a background.  I added my sentiment on a strip of vellum.

This is a gorgeous stamp set, and the 4 sentiments in it are lovely, too.  It was my top pick from Simon's latest Born to Sparkle release.

As always, thanks so much for stopping by - enjoy your week!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two wonderful cards. The stitched florals are fun!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards. Love these stitched flowers and slimline cards