Thursday, May 6, 2021

Inspired by Dawn and Laura

 Today's card was inspired by 2 papercrafting stars, Dawn McVey and Laura Bassen..

I wanted to play again with the Mix and Match Squares stencil, so I borrowed some of Dawn's signature colors for it.  The design of the stencil reminded me of the abstract paintings she's been working on lately. Then I remembered seeing this card by Laura back in February when the stencil was released.  Here's my version.


supplies: white cardstock, vellum, Simon Says Stamp Mix and Match Squares stencil, distress oxide inks, blender brushes, flowers from Beautiful Flowers and leaves from Thankful Flowers, white embossing powder, Tammy Tutterow sentiment, irridescent sequins

I masked off each little square and brushed on the colors.  That panel was trimmed to fit inside an A2 card, then I overstamped my sentiment and attached my vellum elements and some sparkly sequins.

This is one card I think I'll keep on display in my craft room to remind me of this mix of colors.

Thanks for coming by.

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific design, this is fantastic!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Lin.

JoAnn said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Love all the colors and the vellum flowers. TFS

I Card Everyone said...

Lin, I can't think of a more beautiful reminder! I'm smitten with this beautiful bouquet on vellum!
=]

DorothyA said...

This is so beautiful! I love the vellum rose and the boxy background is awesome.