Monday, May 17, 2021

Two New Cover Dies

 There are so many fun products for our cards, and cover dies are some of my favorites.  Here are 2 cards showcasing my 2 newest cover dies, with oxide ink backgrounds.


supplies: white cardstock, Concord & 9th Thinking of You Perfect Pairings dies, salvaged patina, peacock feathers, mermaid lagoon, and blueprint sketch oxide inks

After cutting out both dies in the set from heavy-weight white card, I smooshed the individual oxide inks onto my kraft mat, spritzed them with water, and then dragged a white panel through them, drying between each color.  If there was any white showing at the end, I brushed on an ink to cover it, then spritzed with water and also added more of the diluted inks by splattering.  When all was dry, my panel was pretty warped, so I ran it through my laminator twice before attaching it to my card base.  Then I glued on the framing cover die, and popped up the sentiment.

For my 2nd card I used the same oxide inks, but this time, brushed them on in stripes, blending the colors between.  I used the same inks for the sentiment die, in reverse order.


supplies: white cardstock, Ink to Paper Border Bling Dainty Deliveries cover die and Penny Black birthday die, salvaged patina, peacock feathers, mermaid lagoon, and blueprint sketch oxide inks, blender brushes

Blue has always been my favorite color, and all of these shades are pleasing to me.  I hope they make you smile, too! Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Lovin' the new cover dies! Those dainty flowers are the sweetest!

Dawn T said...

So beautiful Lin. Love all the gorgeous blues.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lin, these are beautiful and they certainly made me smile - I too love blue, and all the shade you have used here are gorgeous!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine