Monday, July 19, 2021

My Favorite Things, PinkFresh Studio, and Lawn Fawn

 I recently grabbed the Small Butterflies stamps and stencils that I've been wanting, and used them to  make some birthday cards.  When I use this Big Birthday Wishes die, I always get a two-fer!  You can never have too many birthday cards, right?  


supplies: white cardstock, (retired) Lawn Fawn Spring Fling and Knock on Wood paper pads, MFT Big Birthday Wishes and Wonky Stitched Rectangle dies,  PinkFresh Studio Small Butterflies stamps and matching stencils, gold embossed, Altenew Cherry Blossom and Sweet Dreams mini inks,  black marker to outline, gold sequins

This one uses the letters from the die.  I cut it a 2nd time (giving me a 3-fer!) from yellow woodgrain patterned paper and paper-pieced the floral letters back in.  They just didn't stand out well, so I went back and outlined them with a fine-tip marker - that solved the problem nicely.  Then I added my butterflies, gluing them only in their centers and pulling up their wings for dimension, and adding gold sequins to help bring out their gold embossing.

Here's a closer pic to show the gold embossing on the butterflies a bit better:


Next is the card that uses the negative cut of the big sentiment cut from the floral paper.   I simply added dotty papers from the same pad behind the letters this time, then attached my butterflies.


supplies: white cardstock, (retired) Lawn Fawn Spring Fling patterned papers, MFT Big Birthday Wishes die, PinkFresh Studio Small Butterflies stamps and matching stencils, gold embossed and colored with Altenew Cherry Blossom and Sweet Dreams mini inks

Thanks for stopping by - have a great week!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Wow these are beautiful, something else to add to my need/want list! I just bought the new Taylor Expressions stamp and die set but not home to use it yet, should of brought it with me!!

Lisa Elton said...

These are both lovely!

kiwimeskreations said...

hmmmm, you are not good for my budget Lin - I have just received the stitched flower dies that your work convinced me I needed...
Love these wonderful cards - that is certainly a die that you can get a lot of use out of, and the butterflies are perfect on the cards
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine