Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Simon's August Card Kit - TOADally UnFROGettable!

 My card kit came yesterday and I "hopped" right in - the supplies in this kit are so fun!


supplies: Surf Blue and Green Leaf cardstock,solid and patterned papers from August Card Kit, Toadally Unfrogettable stamp set, googly eyes

I stamped the frog and the lily pads onto green cardstock and cut them out, adding a bowtie and googly eyes to the frog.  The cattails were stamped, colored, and also cut out.  Then I added them to my pond scene, popping up the frog a bit and leaving the cattails unattached at the top.

Since the first card features a "he" frog, here's one that is more feminine.


supplies: white cardstock, Toadally Unfrogettable stamps, stencilled clouds from Build a Frog Pond stencil, tumbled glass distress oxide ink, adhesive googly eyes from kit

I started by masking off a border and stencilling my clouds 3/4 of the way down from the top, then sponging in the same ink for water at the bottom.  I overstamped the sentiment and butterflies, then added my fussy-cut frog and lily pads.

I smiled all the way through the process of making these!  Check out the kit if you haven't already - the punny sentiments and variety of frogs will make some adorable creations!  Be sure to visit our Card Kit gallery for lots more ideas!

Thanks for stopping by - hope your day is unfrogettable!

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A double dose of cute!

Dawn T said...

two adorable frog cards Lin.

kiwimeskreations said...

I also smiled, all the way through this fun post Lin - fabulous cards, and like you, I love the puns in the sentiments
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine