Friday, July 2, 2021

Peach & Mint

Today's card was inspired by a Talbot's ad I keep seeing on Instagram that showcases fashions in peach and mint.  During last week's heat and humidity, I stayed in and stitched!  It takes me about a day to complete this design.  This time I backstitched around each element.


supplies: white and Carnation cardstock, Spellbinders May Large Die of the Month, peach and mint embroidery floss, Sunny Studio Quilted Hearts embossing folder, PinkFresh Studio Sending Phrase Builder, white pearls

This time I added the stitched panel to a white card base - I think it makes the stitching stand out all the more. But I couldn't help embossing just the center piece to add some more subtle texture.  The delicate hugs die works nicely with the rest of the design, and is part of a sentiment die set I've been wanting for a long time.

Weekend!  Hope yours is a safe one!  Thank you so much for stopping by today.

6 comments:

MaryB said...

This is beautiful! I’m so excited that my die is to be delivered today. I hope I can make something half as beautiful as you?

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done, Lin! This is amazing! Happy 4th!

Dawn T said...

such a beautiful colour scheme Lin.

kiwimeskreations said...

Exquisite work Lin, this is beautiful!! I did blow my budget and get this die set, thanks to your wonderful cards...
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous color combo and I love the different shades you used, Lin!! Extra special with the backstitching and I love it atop the quilted hearts background!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

another gorgeous one.
xx Karen