Friday, July 9, 2021

Some Birthday Birdhouses

 Once again, Jennifer McGuire "enabled" me with one of her videos to buy this Birdhouse Pop Up die set.  Today I used it to make some birthday cards.


supplies: white, purple, Audrey Blue, Surf Blue, Green Apple, Green Leaf, and kraft card, mauves from Memory Box Vibrant Violet pad, Scrappy Tails Birdouse Pop Up dies, Impression Obsession sentiment die from Greetings Top Edger set, My Favorite Things (retired) Birds of a Feather dies (birds, leaves, flowers), white pearls

My youngest sister loved purple growing up, so that's where I started for the trim of the house.  Then I added birds in aqua and flowers in mauves.  

These dies are so versatile.  Above I used the birdhouse die in all it's length as a slimline, but it can easily be chopped off  as I did below to make cards to fit any size envelope.  


supplies: 2 yellows, cream, and the greens and mauves cardstock I used above, (retired) Lawn Fawn Knock on Wood paper pad, Scrappy Tails Birdhouse Pop Up dies, PTI Feathered Friends 2 dies, same flowers and leaves as above, Tammy Tutterow (retired) Tiny Sentiments cling stamp, Doodlebug heart and dots

I inserted my sentiment inside this time, using the same heart die that I used to cut the hole out in the front.

Finally, another slimline for my Mom, using her favorite fuschias and purples.


supplies: white and slate grey card, colored cardstock in purples, mauves, green, and yellow, Scrappy Tails Birdhouse Pop Up dies, PTI Feathered Friends 2 bird die, same flower dies as above, Hero Arts and Tim Holtz leaf dies, yellow enamel dots

Because of all the flowers and leaves, I'll add a sentiment to the back of this one.

This set has spacers to make a panel into a free-standing house that folds flat for mailing and pops up when out of the envelope, and that's how I made all of these cards.  Now I have a little village of birdhouses in various sizes and colors to enjoy until I send them out next month!

These dies are on the pricey side, in my opinion, but if you get lots of use from them, then the price takes on lesser importance.  I already have lots of different birds that will pair nicely with these, so I know it will be worth it for me.

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of cuteness, Lin!

Dawn T said...

Three cute as birdhouses Lin. My favourite is the last one. Love the flowers and birds on it.

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Lin, and so beautifully tailored to the women you have made them for
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Cindy C. said...

All so sweet and darling! Jennifer is such an enabler, isn't she?!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--these are just wonderful, Lin! The birds are adorable & love how you decorated each bird house!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling trio of birdhouse cards, Lin - I'll bet you get a smile from seeing your "village" until it comes time to mail them! Especially love the one for your mom with all the purples!!