Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Simon Says.......Out with the Old and In with the New!


 Happy Wednesday - welcome to our challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!



This week we want you to use something old AND something new on your creations!  The team is playing with our own Simon Says Stamp exclusives!  


supplies: white, black, and Audrey Blue cardstock, Simon Bouquet of Roses stencil, Sending Smiles die, and a Stitching Butterfly die, Oxide inks: salvaged patina, peacock feathers, cracked pistachio, and lucky clover, Rainbow Blender Brushes, MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle die, aqua pearls

The butterly die is my "old" - it's from 2018.  I stencilled a die-cut panel of white cardstock with oxide inks, then kept the stencil attached while I passed it through my cutting machine with an embossing pad and plate to raise the inked areas for more dimension.  Then I simply glued on my sentiment and butterfly, with some pearls in the flower centers.

Now it's your turn!  We have a $25.00 gift certificate 


to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!  I can't wait to see what you all make this week!

6 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lin :-) I love how you used the stencil to add a little more embossed detail and the colors and pearls are gorgeous, beautifully done :-)

Hope you have a great week
luv
Lols x x x

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card, Lin love that butterfly!

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lin - it must look even better IRL with the embossed design
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Just love this one. The butterfly is delightful and love the look of the stenciling and embossing.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a beauty, Lin! Sorry I missed this one yesterday - that stencil probably would've made it into my SSS cart... Just love how you embossed it, then stenciled over - just gorgeous!! And I love the butterfly and crisp black sentiment too!!

Mandy said...

Love your card Lin! It's so elegant and pretty xx