Monday, July 26, 2021

Sweet Birds

 I fell in love with Vicky's birds months ago when they were released, and I finally got some to play with!  I made a mini slimline card.


supplies: white, cream, Audrey Blue, Surf Blue, Green Apple, Green Leaf, Schoolhouse Red, Lipstick Red, Cornflower, Soft Navy, Burnt Orange, Smoke Grey, Slate, and kraft cardstock, Spellbinders Sweet Birds on a Branch dies, Paper Smooches (retired) birdhouses, Simon Build a Pond stencil (for clouds), tumbled glass distress oxide ink, sentiment from MFT Winter Songbirds, heart sprinkles

I had a fun afternoon making these darling little birds.  Today I used colors for them that you'd find in nature, but I can see them in pinks and greens, too!  The dies all have built-in details for the wings, leaves, and branch, so using colored cardstock for everything made this project go pretty quickly.  

I used a retired set of birdhouses for this design, but there are many options out there that would also work. Vicky designed 4 seasonal sets that coordinate with these birds, and Simon's Bitty Birdhouse would work nicely, too!

Many thanks, Vicky, for designing these cuties!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What cute little birds, this is delightful!

kiwimeskreations said...

Super cute card Lin - love the wee birds and how you have made them all different colours
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine