Monday, April 11, 2022

Some Easter Cards

 Happy Monday!  I have a pretty little Easter die that I haven't used nearly enough, so today I pulled it out and made 2 cards.


supplies: white cardstock, Simon's Center Cut Flowers cling stamp, markers to color, The Greetery Easter Jubilee Easter die and stamped sentiment, Pink Fresh Studio Folk Edge Rectangle die

I centered and stamped the floral circle on white card, then colored it with markers. Next I centered the Easter die and cut it from that panel.  Separately, I cut the word again from a white scrap and inlaid it back into the design, then stamped my sentiment.  Then I remembered this Folk Edge Rectangle and used it to border my panel - I think it picks up nicely on the details in the letters.

Next I tried to think of a different way to use this die.  I came up with cutting it from some washi tape and making it into a mini slim-line card - here's the result.



supplies: white and light coral card, The Greetery Easter Jubilee die and stamped sentiment, Pink Fresh Studio Hydrangea and Rose washi tape

There is a large element in this washi tape that is the perfect size to fit the Easter die.  So after cutting out my letters, I affixed them to a skinny rectangle, framed it with coral, and then surrounded it with more of the other florals from the same washi set.  This is one of the washis that have gold line accents, so that added feature makes this even prettier in the flesh!

It's a bit early, but I wish you a lovely Easter!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two wonderful cards, Lin! The second is my favorite, love the colors. Happy Easter to you as well!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two Easter masterpieces, Lin! Especially love how you used the letters with the washi tape on card two!! Hope you have a lovely Easter!!