Saturday, April 23, 2022

Simon's May Card Kit - Brushed Flowers

 This month's Card Kit is a fun one, with a pretty stamp set and patterned papers, plus a set of 4 ink cubes in a brand new mini size, and a holder to keep them stable when we're working with them!  I made 3 cards with the kit.


supplies: white cardstock, one of the dps in the kit as a mat, Brushed Flowers stamp set, Rose, Citrus, Ocean, and Lucky inks, Simon's Stitched Rectangle and Stitched Circle dies, adhesive foam squares to lift circle

To make this card I first trimmed out a stitched rectangle and a stitched circle from white card.  I traced the circle shape onto the rectangle, then stamped some flowers and leaves all around it, using the new mini inks - they are nice and juicy!  On the circle I first stamped the sentiment, and then added some smaller fussy-cut flowers and leaves from the same set.  The rectangle was then matted in one of the patterned papers in the kit, affixed to my card base, and to finish I lifted the circle above the whole thing.


supplies: white and black cardstock, a printed paper from the kit, sentiment from Brushed Flowers, Blossom Field embossing folder 

This time I simply trimmed out one of the gorgeous patterned papers, matted it in black and then added another of the sentiments from the stamp set.  I was just going to place that on a blank white card base, but remembered this Blossom Field one and thought it was a nice match with the paper..  Please note it is NOT included in the kit.

And finally, I used the smallest flowers and leaves to stamp a background for another of the sentiments.


supplies: white and Cotton Candy card, vellum, Brushed Flowers stamps and sentiment, oxide inks, Stitched Rectangle and an oval die, adhesive foam to lift panel


I stamped an A2 panel full of the flowers and leaves, then trimmed it with a stitched rectangle.  From that I cut an oval, which was placed onto my card base.  That was covered with a piece of vellum containing the sentiment, and then I popped the remainder of the stamped panel above everything, adding a little flower and some leaves.

Here's the kit.


Don't forget to visit the gallery for this kit for lots more ideas!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You made three fabulous cards, Lin!

Jennifer said...

These are beautiful Lin! You inspire me :)