Monday, April 25, 2022

Fragrant Florals

 When I saw this Altenew Craft Your Life kit, I was head over heels!  I loved the idea that the stamps, stencils, embossing folder and die were all the same size and can be used interchangeably together.  So here is my first play with my kit.  I hope they continue this idea for future kits!

This first card used the embossing folder, stencils, and the die.


supplies: white cardstock, Fragrant Florals embossing folder, matching stencils, matching die, gold pearls, adhesive foam to lift 

I first embossed the design, then used a variety of Altenew mini inks and blending brushes with the stencils to color this pretty bouquet.  Then I die-cut it, ran it through the embossing folder one more time, and popped it above my card base with adhesive foam, along with one of the sentiments in the stamp set, and some gold pearls as flower centers.

Here's card 2, using the outline stamp, the embossing folder, and the stencils.


supplies: black and white cardstock, Fragrant Florals outline and another sentiment from the stamp set, matching embossing folder, matching stencils, various Altenew mini ink cubes

I trimmed my panel and matted it in black before mounting it onto my card base.  The embossing shows up better in real life, but it is more subtle than the first card.  

I LOVE that I don't have to color these flowers with markers; that is not my strength, especially when the areas to be colored are this large.  Stencils to the rescue!

I believe this kit sold out, but I also believe that Altenew will bring it back again.

Thanks so much for stopping by - enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love what you did with that kit, Lin - both versions look amazing!! The kit went fast - I was too late to get one but that's ok. I'll admire your creations with it :)

Lisa Elton said...

These are both so wonderfully feminine and ever so lovely!

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful - it is a gorgeous kit. And love both of your cards.