Saturday, August 26, 2023

Bibi's Snowflakes: Delicate Snowflakes

 Here is the last instalment of my cards featuring some of the Bibi's Snowflakes Collection.  This last set of dies is called Delicate Snowflakes, and they are just that, 4 different 'flakes with dies to accent them with, and shadow dies, too; 17 dies total.  Here are my 2 cards. 


supplies: white and silver metallic cardstock, oxide inks, white paint splatters, Delicate Snowflakes, Snowflake Wishes sentiment die and stamp, blue ink, a retired snowflake embossing folder

I inked a panel using oxide inks and splattered it with white paint, then embossed some small snowflakes on it.  Then I simply cut out 3 of the snowflake designs from silver metallic cardstock and a sentiment to match.

The next card uses the largest snowflake, along with some coordinating dies to add some color to it.


supplies: white and Audrey Blue cardstock, various Doodlebug christmas patterned papers, Delicate Snowflakes, stamped sentiment and banner die from Snowflake Wishes, red enamel dot 

I started with a square panel and cut out the snowflake, then matted the negative with Audrey Blue.  I pulled colors from the heart paper to add details to the snowflake, then turned it and popped it above the square panel.  The little sentiment worked well with the hearts, I thought!

I hope I've given you some ideas for using these fun dies - they can be as simple or as detailed as you like, and they're a good size also! 

Thanks for visiting me today!

4 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

Matching the DoodleBug paper with the snowflake is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the colors!
The blue snowflake card is very elegant and classic- TERRIFIC!

kiwimeskreations said...

Two more amazing cards Lin - love the second one in particular - looks to be so much colour and so many layers, when in reality it is the clever use of the negative die cut that really lifts this! And with the colour, it could be used all year round
Blessings
Maxine

Bunny said...

I love the snowflakes.

Lisa Elton said...

Two terrific cards, Lin! I like your creative use of the snowflake on the second one!