Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Three in One!

It's August, can you believe it?!  Here are some summery cards in citrus colors.  

I got this idea from Carol, who used a stencil mixed with an embossing folder.  I thought this stamped pattern was so similar to the embossed one that they would make great partners.  Like her, I stamped 1 square panel, then cut it into three pieces and matched them with a favorite embossing folder that mimics the pattern.  Here they are.


supplies: white and gold cardstock, vellum, Concord & 9th Blooms Turnabout stamp set, Altenew Golden Sunset, Lime, and Fresh Leaf inks, Spellbinders Flower Frenzy 3D embossing folder, Simon Happy Wishes sentiment dies

For these first 2 cards, I used the same Golden Sunset inks and blending brushes to color my die-cut sentiments


supplies: white and orange cardstock, vellum, same turnabout set and embossing folder, Just Because dies

And for the last one, I used colored cardstock over vellum shadows for my sentiment.


supplies: same supplies as above, gold and orange cardstock, vellum, Spellbinders Yana's Wonderful Script sentiments dies

I'm adding these to the Anything Goes challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog.

Thank you, Carol, for a great idea!   

6 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

LOVE it! So fresh and bright. Such a perfect pattern match between the turnabout and embossing folder. Great colors!

Anonymous said...

Love citrus colors! All these cards are beautiful

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely cards, Lin! I like the inking on your sentiments!

Dawn T said...

just gorgeous Lin. Three beautiful cards.

kiwimeskreations said...

A trio of stunning cards Lin - love that colourway, and you have used it beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Cindy Groh said...

Fantastic cards. Thank you for the inspiration. I need it.