Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Woodblock Wednesday!

 I was thrilled to be asked to be a guest designer at Amy's Woodblock Wednesday challenge this month!  

I had fun trying to decide which of my wood stamps to play with, and in the end, I chose this one by Hero Arts from 2010, and updated it by making it into a mini slim-line.  Since it's almost officially the end of summer, I thought I'd showcase this lovely stamp that features a summer hollyhock.



supplies: white card base, peach and black cardstock, Doodlebug peach gingham, and a script pattern paper, Hero Arts Garden Silhouette woodblock, VersaMark ink and white embossing powder, peach and green inks, blending brushes, sentiment from Clearly Besotted Sweet Little Sentiments

Starting with a skinny panel of a script pattern paper, I stamped using VersaMark ink, and white embossed the image.  This particular stamp inks the negative of the image, leaving the details alone so that the background paper shows through.  Then I used small blending brushes to add peach ink to the flowers and green to the leaves and bugs.  The panel was then matted in peach cardstock, and affixed to a mini slimline card base 3" X 6" on which I'd added panels of peach gingham and the same script I used to stamp on.  To finish I added a simple script sentiment embossed in white on black.


Since woodblock stamps are how most of us began stamping, I think it's genius that Amy gives us a forum for bringing back these beauties!    I hope you'll play along, too - you can find more information HERE.

6 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Love the technique you applied on the beautiful card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a delightful card, Lin - love this technique with the embossing over patterned paper!! Sorry I'm behind on commenting so can't commenting on all your lovely past posts...

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhhh, this is so pretty, Lin! Congrats on guesting, your card is fabulous!

Dawn T said...

Congrats on your guest spot! Just love the card you've made. The colours are so pretty. I just bought a wood stamp that arrived today so thanks for your inspiration for Woodblock Wednesday!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a beautiful card Lin - love how you have used the stamp!
Blessings
Maxine

~amy~ said...

Absolutely beautiful Lin! Thanks you so much for being my guest designer this month!