Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Poshta Design New Autumn Product Introduction!

I am so honored to share that I will be Guest Designing with Poshta Design for the new release this week!  I had the best time playing with my new goodies, and was VERY impressed with the quality of  everything in the kits.  Let's get started!

Today is the introduction of the Autumn products!  Fall is a favorite season for me, one that I look forward to each year, and Lizzie has it well-represented in this release!



The new products being released on Saturday, August 19 are:

Autumn Apple Die (retails for $38)
Mighty Acorn die (retails for $32)
Statement Alphabet dies (retails for $14, $17, or  $20, depending on the letter, or the whole set for $375)
By the Bushel Color Story: Red Currant, Pea Pod, Gingersnap, Shortbread, and Weathered Moss (retails for $53)

Here are some photos of what I made with this release:




supplies: Autumn Apple die, Mighty Acorn Die, By the Bushel color story felts and embroidery floss (Red Currant, Pea Pod, Shortbread, Gingerbread, Weathered Moss), Clementine felt and floss from upcoming Trick or Treat color story pack, and my own orange felt, wooden buttons, twine, a cinnamon stick

The oak leaves are part of the Mighty Acorn set.  I used matching floss for one cluster, and a contrasting floss for another, then sewed them together in groups of 2 with a wood button and some twine.  The Autumn Apple die can make a whole apple, a sliced apple, like I made here, plus a candied apple.  For my whole apple, I cut off the stem and substituted a piece of cinnamon stick, just for something different! (and it smells good, too!)

How fun are these Statement Alphabet letters?!



supplies: Statement Alphabet dies, By the Bushel (Weathered Moss, Red Currant, and Gingersnap) and upcoming Trick or Treat Color Story (Clementine) felts and flosses, Mighty Oak leaves, my own wooden heart button and floss

These letters are 4 1/2" tall.  I stitched 2 of each letter together with matching floss and they are quite sturdy, ideal for Christmas ornaments, package attachments, or personalized banners!  And, being a card maker, they will come in handy for cards, too!  1 letter fits nicely on an A2 size card.

This is the first time I've worked with Lizzie's designs, and I am so impressed with everything about them!  The felt is wool, and cuts like a dream with the dies.  She has thought of so many fun details, like the extra stitching on the acorn cap, and the seeds on the apple slice!  Her color story packs include a group of 5 felts, flosses to match, and a darling little container that contains sequins and seed beads to match, all packaged beautifully! It was truly a joy to play with these!  

There are inspiration guides that clearly give directions for constructing everything, including detailed pictures.  Not having stitched on felt in quite awhile, they were very helpful to get me going again.  


Lizzie is doing a $50 gift certificate giveaway over on her blog HERE, the winner chosen from comments there.  Winner will be announced on Saturday, Aug 19 at 9 am before the release goes live.

We're not done yet!  I'll see you tomorrow for a Halloween release, and on Friday for the Sewing Kit Essentials goodies!  As I mentioned, everything will be available on Saturday, August 19 at Poshta Design.

See you again soon!

11 comments:

cm said...

Lin, I'm absolutely in love with your Fall decor piece! The letters, the acorn, the leaves, the apples...inspired and inspiring! Fabulous showcase of the new products shared today.
~carol

Anonymous said...

SQUEAL!! AMAZING Projects!! The New Products look like FUN to Design with!! Can’t wait to see what else you created!! Have a FABULOUS Week!! ❤️

Larissa Heskett said...

Forgot to sign in!! That’s my comment above!! ❤️

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Amazing!!! I love your projects SO MUCH, truly special designs!!!

Lisa Schenck said...

I love your projects SO MUCH!!! And such fabulous new products, just love them!

Laura P said...

So cute!! Love the Fall colors and designs!!

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW and wow again Lin - this is stunning work and absolutely beautiful
Blessings
Maxine

June from Minnesota said...

These images are fantastic! Just the right feel for autumn-- PERFECT!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, these are marvelous! You used the perfect colors, Lin!

Gayle Roberts said...

I’m a new felt stitcher. First of all do you use 2 pieces of felt back to back? Next do you stitch over and under and then go back the other way to keep top and bottom looking the same? Lastly, how many strands of floss do you recommend? Thank you for you help!! Your work is beautiful.

Lin said...

Hello Gayle. Yes, I used 2 pieces of felt - it makes the item nice and strong. I used a back-stitch for my work. It looks better on the top than the reverse, so your system seems better. I believe I used 3 strands of floss for most stitching.

Thanks for your kind words - enjoy stitching, it's very calming!