Sunday, October 29, 2023

Happy Halloween!

 Here are 3 cards for Halloween that are made of almost all long-retired goodies.  I started with this black cat silhouette from die a 2018 Spellbinders club kit.


supplies: black, Green Apple, Orange Peel, Doll Pink, and Royal Purple cardstock, Pink Fresh Studio Color Block Diagonal Stripes cover plate die, Spellbinders Trick or Treats die set (Large Die of the Month from September 2018), a scalloped square die, Hero Arts Happy Halloween sentiment, Cuttlebug embossing folder

I haven't done this strip-piecing technique for a long time, and rarely using solid papers.  Having the stripe cover plate saved me lots of time this time around - I used to just slice my papers in random sizes and widths.  I had seen a Halloween card using oranges and bright pinks, so I started with those colors and then added the traditional orange and lime green to the mix. I thought adding the swirly embossing made it a little creepier, but not scary.

This was fun, and I ALWAYS like it when I can use old supplies!  I'm not a big Halloween fan, but once I make one Halloween card, I always have to make 2 more so that none of our Grands feel slighted.  They are getting a bit old for my kind of Halloween cards, so this may be the last ones they'll receive going forward.

So, here are 2 more for this set, using the same strips, just changing up the main motif, and doing a little paper-piecing within each one.  There are sentiments built in for these, so I didn't need to add any more.


supplies: black,  Green AppleOrange Peel, Sunshine, and Royal Purple cardstock, Pink Fresh Studio Color Block Diagonal Stripes cover plate die, Spellbinders Trick or Treats die set (Large Die of the Month from September 2018), a scalloped square die

I kept these strips all going the same way for my final one.


supplies: white, Green AppleDoll Pink, and Royal Purple cardstock, Pink Fresh Studio Color Block Diagonal Stripes cover plate die, Spellbinders Trick or Treats die set (Large Die of the Month from September 2018), a scalloped square die

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three adorable Halloween cards, Lin! Just love the colors of strips you combined - so fun either matte or embossed with that swirl folder!!

Dawn T said...

Three amazing Halloween cards. Love the stripes on the backgrounds.

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of faBOOlous cards, Lin!