Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bloom where you're planted

Here is the inspiration photo this week at CR84FN:


When we bought our house back in the early 1970s, it came with a red rose bush.  We have moved it so many times over the years, as our gardens have grown, and it continues to thrive no matter where it's placed.  Currently it's over on a side of our house that is out of the way, and I forget about it, but my husband, as he mows the lawn, notices it and frequently cuts off a bloom and brings it to me.  So endearing.  That's the thought I had as I made this card - a single red rose.  This will be my Valentine to him, not overly gushy, but steadfast, just like him......He probably won't get the significance, but that's okay, I do. 


Supplies: turquoise and brown cardstock, red BoBunny dotted paper, Hero Arts CG102 Antique Brocade, CL163 Always Heart, Memories Art Print Brown ink and clear embossing powder, ecru lace, red pearl heart gems

This also works for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Love is in the Air.

20 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Striking Lin! Love that handmade rosette and the strip of delicate lace!

Deirdre said...

Oh wow, just stunning.

Robin K. said...

Your lovely card is that much more special because of the beautiful thought behind it Lin! Don't stop making your rolled roses - they are gorgeous!

stampingandstitching said...

I thought your card was gorgeous when I saw it over on Flickr but now that I've read the significance of the rose - wonderful and so romantic!

lynzw21 said...

Aww Lin that's a lovely story behind this card, and a beautiful card! I'm sure hubby will love it!

Brenda said...

Oh, what a sweet story Lin! Love card too! Hubby will love it!

Barb said...

Love hearing your inspiration for this pretty card! Those little hearts on the lace are so sweet! Gorgeous color combo and a stunning rose!

Clare said...

Aw, what a sweet story Lin! Made me smile - thanks for sharing!
This is such a beautiful card! I love the rose and the colors!

Arlene said...

Love the significance of the flower and what the card represents to you. Beautiful too.

Sue Lelli said...

lIN, love THE HEARTS ON THE LACE AND THAT FAB FLOWER AGAINST THAT BG PAPER! THX FOR PLAYING WITH US AT CR84FN!

Judy1223 said...

Ah, just perfect! I have a rose bush story that you brought to my mind...I always loved flowers, and my dad gave me a red rose bush that was in our yard when I was a little girl. He passed away when I was six, but the roses never failed to bloom every summer and were always a comforting reminder to me of his continued presence. I love your card, not just because it is an artistic masterpiece, but because it has such a lovely story behind it.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Lin! Love the red rose bloom! You must have one BIG green thumb~I can't believe your rose bush survived that many transplants! Gotta love that! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Virginia L. said...

Aw... isn't this a SWEET card!? Love this rose and I like your share about the rose garden! I can't wait to meet you BOTH!

Dawn T said...

what a delightful card Lin. I love the story behind too...

Tanya said...

So pretty Lin, and such a sweet story too!

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is gorgeous. I love the story to go with the rose too! So beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Andrea M said...

How completely lovely!!! What a fabby card! Love the big bloom! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!! Hope you can join us again next week!

Unknown said...

Sweet story behind your lovely card, Lin! Your hubby will love it! Thanks for playing with CR84FN!

Alice said...

such a sweet story, LIn! it made me smile. very pretty card and thanks for sharing the story! =)

Suzanne C said...

I love when a card has a specific meaning or thought to go with it. Beautiful card and I love my roses so I think that is wonderful too!