Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wee Memories sketch challenge

Wee Memories has given us a sketch as the challenge this week:


Here is my take on it:


In answer to a few questions, the flower-striped paper that I used at the top of my card is a scrap of paper from a company called Paper Adventures "k.p.kids&co"(designs by Kari Pearson), and the pattern is called Flower Garlands.  I can't be sure, but I'd guess it came from Hobby Lobby.  It's been in my stash, hardly used, so it could be several years old.  Apologies for not identifying it earlier, as it was the basis for this whole card. 

Supplies: Hero Hues carnation layering paper, October Afternoon Fly a Kite dp, Paper Adventures "Flower Garlands" dp, Hero Arts CL405 Blossom Art, CL267 Card Messages, flower button

16 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Lovely card, Lin! Great colors!

Ann said...

Those borders are SO PRETTY! You are such a fabulous ambassador for HA - I always want to buy the stash I have seen you creating with and these borders are now on my wish list! ;o)

CinnamonSally said...

Such a pretty card and a great take on the sketch Lin, Love your flower!!

Kryssi said...

pretty and elegant!! loving all your floral creations!

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness...I love this Lin! Wonderful color...you are the queen of all things pink and blue!

sideoats + scribbles said...

LOVE this Lin! Looks so YOU! HUGS!!! :)

mimijudy1975 said...

Lin, this is a favorite of mine. Love the layered pink flower with the sweet flower button you've used . The pretty flowered borders add a nice touch. I've tried to find the borders using your info on materials you used,but an't seem to find them. I've look at the stamp sets and october Afternoon Fly A Kite.I'm probably not looking in the right place. Could you please let us know where they can be found? Thanks so much,,Judy H.

Suzanne C said...

Sweet design! beautiful card. The colors are oh so pretty and so lin!

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Lin!

Ann said...

LOVE the colors & your sweet flower, Lin! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories this week!

Dawn T said...

what a pretty card Lin. I love the flower garland along the top

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card, Lin! I love the floral border at the top and your layered flower is so pretty!

Unknown said...

so pretty

Judy1223 said...

SweeEEEEt, Lin! Love that flower...and the cute papers, too!

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, Lin! I'm lovin' those pastels! Thank you so much for playing along with us in Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Alice said...

so sweet and beautiful, LIn!