Monday, February 28, 2011

2 cards, 1 challenge

Is this inspiration photo not spring in a bottle?  And some of my favorite colors to play with.  CR84FN always has the best colors and I love playing each week!


I love these colors so much that I made 2 cards!!  When I saw the peonies and tulips in the inspirational photo, my mind jumped immediately to this Large Blossom cling stamp, which to me looks exactly like our pink Betty magnolia on the corner of our house.  It puts on a lovely display each spring, and then the pink petals fall off the tree and carpet the ground in pink.   Here is my first card:


This one started with white cardstock, stamped with the large blossom stamp in Versamark and white embossed, then colored in with markers, framed in a green paper, and onto the brighter pink background.  I added a die-cut label for the sentiment stamped in the same green marker, and added some pale pink ribbon and tiny green buttons.

supplies: white and  Core'dinations St. Valentino cardstocks, scrap of Dollar Store green design paper, Hero Arts CG271 Large Blossom, Impression Obsession WP25 Spring,  Versamark ink and white embossing powder, Tombow green  #126 and Hero Hues Momento Angel Pink markers, cuttlebug diecut label, pale pink ribbon from Michael's and tiny green buttons


For my second card, I started with a piece of Hero Hues Carnation Layering Paper and stamped with versamark, embossing in white again.  I only needed to shade a little bit over the already pink flowers with the same pink marker as I used above.  I also used the same green marker as above, also, but it shows up a little browner, as it is layered over the carnation color.  This was trimmed out, framed thinly on white cardstock, then put onto my background of a different green cardstock.  I embossed my sentiment in versamark and white powder, added a seam binding ribbon dyed with spun sugar distress ink, and added a new button that Savannah gifted me last weekend, tied on with white twine.
supplies: Hero Hues Carnation layering paper, white cardstock, My Mind's Eye: Deena's Penny Lane Leaves of Love paper, Hero Arts CG271 Large Blossom, CL131 SparkleClear Messages, versamark ink and white embossing powder, Hero Hues Momento Angel Pink marker, Tombo green #126, hand-dyed seam binding (spun sugar distress ink), button, white twine

I see that Sally had the same thought as mine - see her card here.

21 comments:

Barb said...

These are both so beautiful, Lin! As you know, I adore these colors together! Beautifully done!

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful card, love the stamped image it is so pretty.xxx

Clare said...

Gorgeous, love that stamp, two fabulous cards!

sideoats + scribbles said...

These are so pretty and SPRINGY, Lin! Just love them both. Hugs to you and hope spring is on it's way soon! I know my family in Ohio are all sick of snow -- probably doesn't help that I've been rubbing it in how we've been in the 80's, ha ha ha! HUGS! :)

Andrea M said...

This is such a beautiful stamp and you've made it look FABULOUS! Great job! Wonderful take on the challenge colors! So glad you played along with CR84FN!!!

Betty said...

hi lin - beautiful card - love the second one for its simplicity. love those colors also.

Brenda said...

Fabulous cards Lin! Awesome colours!

Virginia L. said...

This color combo is made for YOU! Love your take and the ribbons are gorgeous in this!

Dawn T said...

they do say great minds think alike!!! Both of these cards are so lovely Lin. Such pretty colours.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Lin! BOTH of these cards are so pretty! The shading of those flowers is incredible! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Ruth S said...

Both absolutely stunning cards Lin! Love these challenges colours - you've really made the most of them with your springtimey cards ;)

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Lin these cards are both beautiful, see we both knew that the blossom stamp was perfect in this colour ways!! Thanks so much for the mention.
Hugs
Sally

Deborah Frings said...

I just love this stamp - you have made two stunning cards! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Unknown said...

These are both gorgeous, Lin! Love the embossed and beautifully colored flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN!

Suzanne C said...

I saw both of your cards and loved them both. Gorgeous shading on the flowers with the pinks. Beautiful.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

These are both so beautiful! I love your seam binding bow on the second one :) Thank you so much for playing with us at CR84FN!

Stella said...

I can't pick a favorite. Both cards are stunning and I love these flowers :)
Gorgeous take on this weeks' colors!

Thanks so much for playing along at CR84FN!

Robin K. said...

Love 'em both Lin! They certainly speak Spring!

Jen Adcock said...

So beautiful. I adore this stamp but now, in your capable hands, it has gone well into the stamping stratosphere! Such magnificent cards. Your shading is incredible!

Michelle said...

Both cards are beautful, Lin! I really love that HA stamp! Great shading, and I love the spring tag!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Lin, BOTH cards are absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE that flower stamp and your two card designs! LOVE that you play with us every week! I have one of those magnolias too and look forward to the blooms! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!