Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Silhouette stamps

Hero Arts brought out lots of silhouette stamps for 2011, and I was lucky enough to get 3 of them.  I've been playing with them the last few days, and wanted to share 3 different ones, all stamped on designer papers. 


This first one is called Musical Walk.  I chose the paper it was stamped on because the pinwheels just go with the overall feel of the image.

supplies: F5468 Musical Walk, CL497 Find Joy, versafine onyx black ink,  Cosmo Cricket Togetherness mini deck, October Afternoon The Thrift Shop 8X8 paperpad, yellow card, aqua ribbon, tiny yellow buttons


Next is a cling entitled Dancing with Flowers.  I used what I think of as "Easter" colors, papers from Basic Grey's kioshi papers, and one of Donna's dyed seam binding ribbons.

supplies: CG266 Dancing with Flowers, CL498 Live Life, versafine onyx black ink, white card base, Basic Grey kioshi papers, hand-dyed seam binding, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, purple gems, colored pencils


And finally, this one is called Let's Garden Sihouette.  It was stamped over a cloud paper, framed in yellow, then in a nestie label and finally everything centered on a white card stamped with the new Envelope Pattern.

supplies: F5407 Let's Garden Silhuette, CL267 Card Messages, S5507 Envelope Pattern, versafine onyx black ink, tumbled glass distress ink, white card, my little shoebox "Sky's the Limit - Follow the Cloud" designer paper, nestabilities labels one, Hero Arts CH206 Sunshine Print Flowers, tiny aqua button

19 comments:

Brenda said...

I love what you have done with these silhouette stamsp Lin. It's very effective stamping them on patterned paper! Beautiful colours, I can feel Spring coming from your blog! Yeh!

Michelle said...

Holy Cow! I love what you did with these stamps! I have the top and bottom stamp, but now I want "dancing with flowers"! Hope your granddaughter is bringing you lots of smiles!

joy said...

Oh, wow! I love these stamped on patterned papers. I will definitely be trying that with the Dancing with Flowers one that I have.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

These are AMAZING!!! So So BEAUTIFUL! TFS
/Karin

Shelley said...

Wonderful Lin!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, Lin....these are all awesome!! I love the gardener silhouette--is it new? Perfect patterned papers and sentiment, too! Love them all!!

susanne said...

I love the silhouettes stamped on the designer paper, wonderful choices! I had to smile when you mentioned the Easter colours because the first thought that came to mind when I saw this lovely card on flicker was ... oh how lovely, Easter colours! Beautiful cards Lin!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous cards, Lin! Love how you've mixed up the silhouette images with patterned paper!

mimijudy1975 said...

Lin,your three cards are gorgeous. You are blessed with a wonderful talent. My favorite is the Musical Walk with the pretty ribbons. The new silhouette stamps show up so well on the cards. I think the nesties are the perfect background.

mimijudy1975 said...

I forgot to say how lovely your new Spring Banner is. I'm fascinated at how the tree and little birdies just stay in the same place.

Barb said...

You sure are having fun with your new stamps! There is no way I could pick a favorite, Lin. . .they are all so pretty! Love each one with the different colors and papers!

I hope you have time to come see my blog today. . .lots of flower photos from work. Hugs! :)

lynzw21 said...

Wow, these are gorgeous cards Lin- I especially like the last one with the gardening stamp over the cloud paper, it creates the perfect scene!

Robin K. said...

Love all the thought you put into choosing just the right pp's Lin! These are all wonderful!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful use of the silhouettes! The cloud background works beautifully with the silhouett!

walchowDesign said...

Wonderful set of silhouettes cards, Lin! All the three cards show great creativity on them!

Jenny said...

These are beautiful Lin ... love them all!! :) :) :) :)

stampingandstitching said...

Oh these are all gorgeous, Lin! Love your use of pps and seeing the silhouettes used in all these different ways!

Anita Rex said...

The Silhouette stamps are perfect with the patterned paper! I love them all but really love the clouds paper, it's perfect for that stamp!

Joy said...

These silhouette cards are way too beautiful, love each and everyone of them Lin, and your choice of papers are stunning!