Thursday, February 10, 2011

CASE Study

Here is the wonderful card by Eva Dobilas that we get to CASE this week at CASE Study.  I was drawn to the damask-like panel surrounded by the lovely edging, and the flourished sentiment tag.  Each element makes a statement, and all of them blend together perfectly:


Here is my take:


I got to use some brand new Hero Arts 2011 stamps on this one, and some more of my friend Donna's hand-dyed seam binding in that gorgeous blue.  To play up the blue, I kept almost everything else black and white. 

Supplies:  white, black and blue cardstock, Hero Arts CG245 Classic Fabic Design, CL488 Congrats, CL374 Big and Small Flowers, CG291 Three Dotted Flowers, PTI Vintage Picnic Sentiments, Versafine onyx black ink, Martha Stewart edge punch, hand-dyed seam binding, white pearl heart

17 comments:

Diana said...

WOW, always love coming here. Great banner and background. Love everything you create! All new cards on my blog. http://www.thestudio56.blogspot.com Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards! Love that seam binding and the damask background is so pretty. I have that stamp, hope I can give this a try:)

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully done, Lin! Love your take on the Case Study card! All the elements are lovely in yours!

Barb said...

What a beautiful take on Eva's card! I'm loving seeing the ribbon from Donna! It really is gorgeous!

Dawn T said...

what a stunning card Lin... I'm going to be CASEing this one!!!!!!!!!!!! Need so inspiration as the mojo is on holiday and I think this will be it!

Hellemor said...

that an amazing card. LOVE the design and the lovely blue flowers.

Jacqueline said...

Such an elegant card Lin, just beautiful!

joy said...

You have cased Eva's card so beautifully, Lin!

Tiffany Ervin said...

You really ROCK these bolder color schemes Lin! I love it when you work with pastels ofcourse, but you combine the darker colors very well, love this!

Michelle said...

OH my,Lin! I love your take on Eva's card! The color blue is beautiful! love those flowers!

Eva said...

WOW, what an AMAZING card!!! I LOVE your take on my card...LOVE the paper, the gorgeous border and the stunning flowers!

Julie said...

Gorgeous case of Eva's card...you rocked the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study this week.

Sue said...

what an amazing combination of colours Lin, the seam binding is a perfect finish!
Thanks for sharing your talent with us again at CASE study! :)

Brenda said...

Stunning card Lin! Just love those two colours together!

LJabin said...

such beautiful paper piercing, I love it.

NanaConnie said...

Oh, this is so fabulous! Love your color palette, and the black and white really does make the blue POP!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Stunning, just WOW!! I LOVE your take, Lin - you're an amazing artist :)
Thank you so much for playing CASE Study this week! xxx