Monday, February 28, 2011

Color Throw Down

Over at Kathy's blog, she, Deborah, and Vicky are having a color throw-down and they've invited us all to play along, too.  Here is the sketch and the colors:


And here is what I did with it; just call me "literal Lin":


I stamped the arch twice on gold paper in black ink, cut them out, and joined the halves together.  Then I colored in parts of the design with a watercolor pencil, and added a few white dots ala Kathy.  The green strip was first stamped with the Envelope Pattern in a green ink, overstamped the sentiment in black, and then I faux-stitched along the edges.

supplies:  blue and green cardstocks, gold dp from Basic Grey's ambrosia paper pad (thanks, Donna!), Hero Arts CL425 Flourish Grids, CL498 Live Life (sentiment), versafine onyx black ink,  S5507 Envelope Pattern, Hero Hues Grass Chalk ink, Prismacolor watercolor pencil in Carmine Red, Gelly Roll white gel pen

15 comments:

Dawn T said...

great use of the arch stamp Lin. I'd have never thought to do that! Wonderful use of the colours and sketch.

Kathy said...

Wow what a great idea Lin. Love this card!!!!!You are so clever. Thanks for making a card for our color throw down. Hugs, Kathy

Anita Rex said...

You made me laugh with Literal Lin! :> Such a pretty card, I like how you used the colors and made the arch into a circle! :>

Alice said...

love how you used those colors, Lin! beautiful card!

Patricia said...

So beautiful card Lin I love it =P

Arlene said...

The orange and green are striking colors and perfect for this design.

Virginia L. said...

This is quite a differnet kind of card that you make nomally! BUT....I love it!!!!!! So graphic and cool! It's the NEW Lin :)

Barb said...

I love how literally your takes are! This one is beautiful! Wonderful use of the colors!

joy said...

It may be literal, but it is so gorgeous, Lin!

Nat said...

love how you have hi-lighted the arch circle and the added faux stitches. Beautiful design!! :)

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card hun, Jo x

cardsandmorebygigi said...

literal can be regal !!! Beautiful card; I love how you colored in your circle and love the faux stitching...
Tks for your lovely comments on my Spring Breeze card...

Katie said...

Wonderful card! Love your rose window, I love how you colored it and highlighted with the white pen! Also love the background stamping and placement of the sentiment, it really balances the card! Great job! Thank you for sharing.

Katie

Suzanne C said...

Love your use of the colors! Beautiful!

Brenda said...

Love it Lin! My type of design!