Saturday, February 12, 2011

Alma's dress

Happy weekend, everyone!  It's a beautiful sunny, blue-skied day today here in SW Florida, though a bit on the cool side, but they say we're due for a warm up next week!  Hope the sun is shining for you, too!

I  visited 2 blogs this morning that inspired this card:.  First was Libby's blog and a feature that she often posts called Courtney's Closet, where she finds inspiration in one of her daughter's dresses.  I went shopping this week for something to take for our new little granddaughter when we meet her for the first time next weekend, and had such a ball in the little girls' area of the stores!  Here is one of the outfits I bought for her:


Isn't it so sweet?  I am so pleased to be FINALLY able to shop for pastels!!!  (We had 2 sons, and even a male dog!)

Here is the card that I made using it as my inspiration:


Supplies: white card base, BoBunny mint dot (reverse) and tutu dot, Hero Arts CL495 Blossom Art, Versamark ink and white embossing powder, CLk307 SparkleClear Mini Messages, Versafine onyx black ink, seam binding dyed with spun sugar distress ink, Really Reasonable Ribbon pink gingham ribbon, Martha Stewart paper rose, Michael's tiny pink buttons



I used the sketch from Card Patterns for this week, and had just as much fun deciding on the papers and stamps I would use to simulate her little dress! 

23 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

It is absolutely beautiful - pinks and greens are my favorite. We have 2 little granddaughters and they are SO much fun to shop for and with. Enjoy!

Nancy said...

What a sweet card from such sweet inspiration Lin! So cheerful and spring like. Enjoy your little sweeties too!

Nancy said...

What a sweet little outfit and your card inspired by it is so delightful! Like you I have two sons and I'm so hoping for a grand-daughter in September so I can finally buy frilly girly things!
Lovely sunny day here...high 70s, just perfect!
blessings~

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous card, Lin!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! :)

Virginia L. said...

Wow! So glad to see Libby's blog and Alma's dress shopping gave you such inspiration!Gorgeous creation, Lin! The flowers with the buttons are adorable!Hope to see more!

Jenny said...

Oh so pretty Lin!! Love this card! Such a cute dress too!! :) :) :)

Dawn T said...

Lin, You have done an amazing job recreating the look and feel of the little outfit for Alma. What a clever Grandma you are! This is perfect

Barb said...

I love that adorable outfit in my fave colors! Your card is just perfect, Lin! I'm so excited for you to meet Alma! Can't wait to hear all about it! Enjoy! :)

Anita Rex said...

What a cute outfit your picked! It's soooo much fun to shop for baby girls! That's what makes me want another baby girl, the clothes! LOL Such a darling card! I love the colors and the way you used the sketch!

Kim O'Connell said...

I just love this! The buttons are the icing on the cake!

debbie said...

what a lovely card and I love the little outfit too :)

Judy1223 said...

So SWEET, Lin! Aren't clothes for little girls so much FUN?! I love your inspiration (adorable outfit!) and the card you made...totally adorable!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is genius, Lin! Such wonderful inspiration from Alma's outfit, and a great sketch, too! Love it!

Arlene said...

Love your take on the sketch. I just love this - the wonderful colors are a great combo.

joy said...

The little dress is adorable and you have made such a fabulous card using it for inspiration! I like this sketch layout very much!

Brenda said...

Oh that is such a beautiful outfit! What fun to go shopping for a little girl! Love how you used the collours in your beautiful card Lin!

Linda Gilliam said...

I SO can relate to your post...we have six grandsons and I had three sons, on December 21st we FINALLY got a granddaughter, my beautiful Mollee Noelle, we are ecstatic! I've had to really control myself not to buy every PINK thing I see...lol, I am SO happy for you and for me...WOOHOO! Enjoy that grandbaby and the outfit is ADORABLE, love your blog!

~amy~ said...

absolutely darling...such a fun color combo! Thanks so much for joining us at Card Patterns!

Sue Lelli said...

Lin, this girly card is super GORGEOUS! LOVE the girly colors and the flowers and the panels! FAB card!

NinaB said...

What a lovely card, Lin. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns this week.

Sue said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors.

Suzanne C said...

This is wonderful! What an adorable outfit and the card is perfect! So happy for you on your grand daughter!

walchowDesign said...

Such a lovely outfit you chose for your Elma - it's so sweet and the card is beautifully made!