Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spring is on the way


I found both these stamps at half-off at Hobby Lobby in January.  Just now playing with them.  I stamped the bird and branch, cut the nesties shape to frame it, and sponged tumbled glass around the edges.  Then I colored it with watercolor pencils.  The nest was stamped separately, colored, and cut out.  Then I cut out around the bird and branches enough to fit the nest on the branch.  This resulting image is a lovely sign of spring for me.

supplies:  pink card, white cardstock, Stampabilities KR1061 Cherry Blossom Bird, Inkadinkado 97104 (nest), Hero Arts CLCL267 Card Messages,  versafine onyx black ink, Prisma watercolor pencils, Nesties Labels Eight, tumbled glass distress ink

10 comments:

joy said...

Great new stamps for half-off! And the card turned out so pretty - love the blue around the edges.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful! I'm longing for spring too! :)

Virginia L. said...

So TWEET! GREAT find at Hobby Lobby! Love the cute birdie and colors!

Barb said...

It's been much warmer here in Minnesota this week. . .in the mid 40's. What a relief after all those below zero days! We should be back to colder temps over the weekend with a possibility of snow, but your card reminds me that Spring really is on the way! Such a pretty card, Lin!

Dawn T said...

wow so impressive. Love how this turned out. I thought it was all one stamp~

Jacqueline said...

Love your pretty card Lin - Spring is on its way!

susanne said...

I love how you pieced it all together. Beautiful card! Birds and nests are my very favourite!

Michelle said...

So sweet! I wish I there was a Hobby Lobby in NY! You find such great deals! I really love this bird and nest!

Brenda said...

Your colouring is spectacular Lin! This is a really beautiful card!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful choice and great inspiration for our weather! Love the nest with the birds.