Friday, February 4, 2011

Friends

I love the challenge this week at the Shabby Tea Room!  We are to "Get Creative", design a card or project using just stamping  and our own handmade embellishments.  No patterned papers allowed this week.  This is exactly the kind of thing I like to do!  So here is my submission:


Starting with white cardstock, I stamped various background patterns using either worn lipstick or spun sugar distress inks, cut them into various size blocks and arranged them on the pink card, edging each with antique linen distress ink.  I made a block using the houndstooth pattern stamped with spun sugar distress ink and framed that with kraft cardstock.  Then I stamped each of the 3 sizes of flowers from my newest cling flower set called 3 Dotted Flowers on a peachy pink solid and tone-on-tone checked cardstock, and embossed them in white, making 6 layers in all, and glued them together, first curling the petals a bit.  The flower was centered with a tiny button.  I added the leaves from  the same set, my "Friend" sentiment, and some pink pearl hearts.  And to finish I dyed my winter white seam binding using the same spun sugar distress ink and water.   So everything except the buttons and pearls was made by me.  Here is a detail of the flower:


This also works for the Papertake Weekly Challenge: "Anything Goes + Flowers".  And I'm entering this into Hero Arts monthly challenge: "Love and Friendship".

Supplies: pink, white and kraft cardstock, Lasting Impressions Checks in Guava and Kiwi, and an unknown solid pink cardstock, Hero Arts CG291 3 Dotted Flowers, CL434 Just Find Me (sentiment), and background stamps S4878 Old Letter Writing, S5341 Lace Background, CG222 Music Background, CG102 Antique Brocade, K5175 Houndstooth, Versamark ink and white embossing powder, spun sugar, worn lipstick, antique linen distress inks, Hero Hues Latte Chalk ink, Hug Snug seam binding, Hero Arts CH173 Heart Accent Pearls

33 comments:

Sanne said...

Lovely, gorgeous caards since my last visit Lin! I so enjoyed my visit to LA and to the CHA. I were so lucky to meet all the guys from HeroArts - now I´m back home with a terrible jetlag :)
Hugs Sanne

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Lin this is absolutely stunning, I love how you have created a collage style background and your flower is beautiful. Thanks as well for your lovely comments today, I still can't quite believe its happening. You must know exactly how I feel, I just can't stop smiling!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my gosh Lin! This card just jumped right out at me, so lovely and that flower is gorgeous!! Love the details with each background stamp!

Krissy said...

Lin, this is GORGEOUS!!!!! The flower is absolutely stunning! So impressive!

Michelle said...

Oh my, Lin!! Stunning!!! I love all the different stamps you combined in one card!! And that flower is sooo awesome!!! Love all the pink!!!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wow, Lin! Such a pretty card! LOVE your flowers!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Had to pop in here and tell you that is one of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen! FABULOUS work!

Nancy said...

Such wonderful creativity, Lin! This is just gorgeous all done in pink....your flower is brilliant!
blessings~

Chrysalis said...

Stunning, Lin - lots of hard work there. It goes together beautifully - very classy! x

joy said...

Love this card - all the backgrounds combined look just gorgeous together. Hope you are warm and cozy there - ice, ice and more ice here!

Brenda said...

Wow Lin! Look at all those beautiful background stamps you used! And that flower is just the best I have ever seen! Wow! A real work of art!

Dawn T said...

I am SO IMPRESSED ~ Lin this is one stunner of a card. Love the soft pinks and your flower is stunning.

Barb said...

OH MY WORD!!! This is sooo gorgeous! Wow! It is a stunning example of your amazing talent! Love this so much, Lin!

Arlene said...

WOW!!!!!!!! Knock me over with a toothpick. Extravagantly amazing card - love the colors and background.

Kath Stewart said...

wow lin just goes to show what you can do with some ink and gorgeous rubber...love your stunning flower....hugs kath xxx

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous! I love the mix of patterns and the beautiful flower!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! This is breathtaking! That flower is amazing!! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room! :)

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR Designer

Karin Åkesdotter said...

OH MY Lin! This is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! I LOVE, LOVE , LOVE the card and the flower you made! It is sooo BEAUTIFUL! + Thank you so much for your sweet comments - made me very happy!

Nicole said...

So pretty! That flower is amazing - also love those background papers! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Lisa said...

Really gorgeous card Lin! I really like this flowers!
Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly :)

Debbie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Lin - WOWOWOW!!! Thank you for sharing this oh so pretty in pink creation with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Lucille K said...

Lin,
You are such an inspiration. Your card is just beautiful and the flower is amazing.
Lucille K :)

Clare said...

I love this, it's perfect and that flower... WOW!!! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!! : )

Lori said...

Very pretty ...love all the various stamped designer paper. You did a great job.

Alice said...

absolutely amazing and gorgeous, LIn! that pieced background is so beautiful and i adore your pretty flower. love love this!

SewSuzySew said...

Congratulations Lin ... Beautiful Card!
Hugs
Suze x

Michelle said...

Congrats Lin!!!

Karen said...

Hi This flower is so lovely most of my cards are done with flowers trying to use some of my older flower stamps to get the same effect without spending more money and layering them thanks for the ideas Karen

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Congats, Lin! Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

This card is amazing!

Suzanne C said...

Congrats is no surprise! GORGEOUS!

Jacqueline said...

You do this so well Lin, just stunning!

Craftyld25 said...

It's probably just me but did I miss out on the collection you used for your background papers? Perhaps it is paper that is no longer in stores.
Thanks,
Kathy