Sunday, May 26, 2013

All Things are Possible

This challenge at PTI's Make it Mondays has reminded me how much I enjoy paper-piecing - it's great for those of us who aren't into the Copic thing or don't want to color all the time.  There are so many pretty papers out there, especially now with the miniaturized 6" paper pads! So here's another one for the challenge:


This set is the Violet one from PTI's Year of Flowers.  I used Graphic 45 papers from their Secret Garden collection (it's hard to find purples nowadays!  Does anyone have any suggestions for pretty ones?).  The background is a Hero Arts lattice cling stamp, as are the pearls.

ETA: I'd also like to add this to Moxie Fab World's Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge, since Cath now allows us to use cards made up to a month ahead of her challenges, if they fit the specifications.

Thanks for visiting!

17 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love it, Lin! I always love pretty papers and what beautiful choices you made for this card :)

Jackie said...

You are my favorite paper piecer. This is a lovely card and your cutting skills are legendary. As are your color and pattern coordinating skills. It's beautiful.

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful Lin. I like how you paper pieced your flowers. :)

Barb said...

LOVE your gorgeous paper pieced flowers, Lin! The combo of purple, green and yellow is so pretty!

I did find this pad at SSS: http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/the-48360/FEPAD033-DREAMCATCHER-PURPLE-DREAM/Detail it has lots of purple papers but some are glittery. Another one here: http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/the-56961/KC1013-cambridge-court-kate/Detail There's always the Hero Arts Designer papers too.

Hope ya find some you like! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Absolutely gorgeous....love love love the flowers...especially those in purple! I also LOVE your blog header and think it's such a lovely picture!!

Nancy K said...

Paper-piecing, violet and yellow and lots of flowers equals gorgeous, Lin! I always love your paper-pieced designs, they are always so stunning!

Jean Bullock said...

Lovely card! The background is beautiful. I love the little pearls. Most of all, I love the sentiment because I needed that reminder today.

Cindy C. said...

Fabulous paper pieced project Lin! Really like those pattern paper, they go so well together!

Clare said...

SO pretty, I love paper piecing and your violets are just beautiful!

Dawn T said...

You do this so beautifully Lin. The colours of your PP are delightful

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful paper piecing, Lin! Looks wonderful on the pretty lattice bg - I used this yesterday (great minds and all that - LOL). Purple is a colour I don't use very often, so tend to overlook "purple" things. You might try PTI - they have two or three "purple" themed packs :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I always love your paper pieced flowers, Lin, but these are especially gorgeous! Happy Memorial Day, my friend!

Greta said...

You make me want to do some more paper piercing, Lin! This is gorgeous!

Nancy Penir said...

A+ in paper piecing. Outstanding background, and beautiful color combo. I think I'm in love!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks for linking this up to the Mixy-Matchy Style Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)