Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mixing old and new

As I was browsing my blogs as I do each morning, I saw that Penny Black is bringing out a new release!  2 of the new stamps are really lovely frames, and that reminded me of a PB stamp that a sweet friend gave to me a few years ago; it's also a frame, from 1997 called Ruffle Frame.  So I pulled it out and CASEd the card shown on the blog today, using what I have here at home.


supplies: design paper from the Madison pad as background, Graceful, Petal Party (sentiment), Ruffled Frame (#303K)

Every day this week some of the new stamps will be shown, and some lucky ducky is going to win the full release!  Hop on over to the Penny Black blog to get the details!!

Thanks for visiting today!

12 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, does that pretty flower ever look gorgeous in the frame! Beautifully done, Lin!

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

beautiful card....n lovely color combo...

Angi Barrs said...

This card makes me SMILE! Love the gorgeous color!

Trinh said...

So pretty! Love that ruffle frame.

judkajudi said...

That's a great frame and Ilove the flower within it!!

Pam W Merwin said...

Lin, I love your design! AND your "old" frame is beautiful - sometimes our OLD stuff just never gets old!

Dawn T said...

delightful frame Lin. It is very pretty. And frames your flower so beautifully

L Fodor said...

Very pretty card. Love the colors you selected. I enjoy your style

jintyoo7 said...

So charming, Lin - the Ruffle frame is very pretty, and looks great with that lovely bloom.

Jackie said...

The frame and the flower are the perfect combination - just beautiful!

Maureen Morton said...

This may be an oldie, but it is a goodie, Lin! And I love the combo with this cute flower. That little tag is perfect. I need to get some PB stamps.......thanks!

Greta said...

Great CASE, Lin! I just got Spellbinders Label 16 with my 1/2 off coupon so I'll be ready for that new frame stamp.