Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Simon Says.........Anything Goes!

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

It's the last Wednesday of the month, and that means our challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp is Anything Goes!!  This week the Design Team and May Guest Designer Annette are playing with Bottle Cap, Inc. and/or Authentique products.  If you own any of these products, we'd love to see you use them!  I had SUCH fun with the bottle caps; I've never worked with them before.  So I made you 2 cards today:


This first one uses papers from Authentique's Lovely collection.  The bottle caps I chose are flattened chrome caps and here I filled this one with a circle of one of the papers, and then placed it into the center of my die-cut flower.  My sentiment is a stamp and die combination by Simon called Expressions for You.


I made a really easy card for my 2nd sample today, playing with some new washi: a  washi paper from We R Memory Keepers, which I also used to line my bottle cap, and a Queen & Co tape.  I added a sentiment from the Simon exclusive Flower Friend, stamped in Hero Arts Red Royal mid-tone ink and a double bow of twine.  

Heidi has given us another $50.00 gift voucher for the random winner of this challenge.


You can use it for anything you'd like at the Simon Says Stamp Superstore!

20 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow gorgeous cards.. love all the summer colors..

thanks for having me this month.. it was fun..
Happy Crafting..

L Fodor said...

Love both of these cards today. I'll put them in my 'case' file to make later.

Jingle said...

Love how you filled the bottlecaps! Very pretty cards!

Lorraine A said...

both are totally gorgeous cards Lin :-) beautiful designs and a wonderful inspiration :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lisa Carroll said...

Gorgeous, Lin! Love the two different styles of cards! :)

Cindy C. said...

Both so pretty Lin! Those bottle caps look like fun to play with!

Sue McRae said...

Love the way you used the bottle caps Lin!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Lin! I love how you made the bottle cap the flower center in the first one!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Maureen Morton said...

I used to use these caps - bet I have some kicking around. Thanks for the great ideas! You KNOW that first one has my heart, Lin. Love the colors, softness and the hearts! I don't think I'll try this challenge - the odds are against me! Too many submit. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...what you done with these bottle caps are amazing. I appreciate the inspiration because I have several of these in my stash and they have just been sitting there forever! Time to break 'em out! Love these cards!

Greta said...

Oh I love your first card, Lin--just beautiful & great use of the bottle cap! I'm still trying to get into Washi so thanks for the inspiration!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Lin. both cards are delightful.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card do love how you've used the bottle caps but have to say the first is my favourite.
luv
Debby

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely designs here! The bottle caps are so fun!

Leni said...

love these sweet cards! great use of bottle caps

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Lin, such pretty papers with the gorgeous flower. Your design and washi tape are just stunning and I love your wonderful bottle cap with twine!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Barb Ghig said...

These are the prettiest bottle caps I've ever seen...hands down! Absolutely beautiful cards, Lin!

Joy said...

Missing you already my sweet Lin, I have enjoyed being on this team immensely with you, I know that you are going to ROCK this team and the creations that you create each week...love to you sweet lady

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the clever ways in which you used the bottle caps. Blessings!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! Love how you used the bottle caps!!

hugs...