Sunday, May 5, 2013

Simply the Best

Here are 2 more cards using the beautiful papers and stamps from Simon's May Card Kit, May Flowers.


I wanted to let this beautiful taupy-grey floral paper shine, along with the lovely lace, so I kept this one pretty simple, just adding a rose and leaves that I white embossed.  The sentiment is from an Ali Edwards set, Simply You.


Again, everything on this card is from the Kit, except my green cardstock for the leaves.  I also embossed the card and the big banner with a cuttlebug embossing folder called Poppy before adding my other elements.  

Thanks for visiting, and for your kind comments!  Have a great day!

9 comments:

Jackie said...

These are so elegant and so pretty. I love the lace and the background on the first one. It's so soft and lovely. The embossing on the second one is wonderful - I must remember to do that someday. I love the look of it.

Betty said...

WOW - both of them are my kind of cards!! Love the soft colors and wonderful design - these are going to get pinned and I might just have to buy that kit.

Darnell said...

Beautiful, Lynn. So charming and feminine and perfect for Mother's Day!!

Brenda said...

Oh gosh Lin, I can't wait to receive my set, those flowers are beautiful! I just love all those colors! Stunning cards. Thank you very much for popping by my blog. Hugs, B xxx

MarcyK924 said...

Ooo, these are AWESOME, Lin!!! I think the top card is my fave of yours this year! That lace with the pp and single rose is gorgeous! WOW!

Anita Rex said...

I love what you have done with this kit! I love the rose! My favourite card is the first one!

Dawn T said...

Both of these are just fabulous Lin. What fantastic use of the kit.

Maureen Morton said...

Beautiful and elegant background on the first - love the soft colors! And what great texture on the second - gives it such a unique style! These both shine, Lin!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful duo, LIn - I feel the kit should be re-named "Lin's Kit" :oP