Friday, May 24, 2013

Make it Monday - Paper Piecing

Did you see Melissa Phillips GORGEOUS paper-pieced flower card at the Make It Monday challenge this time?  I could NOT not play after seeing it.......that girl could sell me the phone book - she is such an inspiration!  My version is quite a bit simpler, but still a CASE of her beautiful card:


I thought this Hero Arts flower and the matching smaller version of it would work well for her paper-piecing technique.  I decided to use the papers from Graphic 45's Secret Garden Patterns & Solids because I could get all these in the same pattern, and the reverse of them was a solid, which worked for the smaller flower.  I centered my flower with a button, and added the PTI sentiment from Flower Fusion #12 and a peach Martha Stewart butterfly punch.  My background paper is from Memory Box.

7 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

I did see that video and have been wanting to try it. Love your take!

Barb said...

So beautiful, Lin! I love that softly patterned background - perfect for your gorgeous flower!

Carolanne said...

So very pretty! LOVE the colors too.

Jackie said...

Very pretty!

Jinny Newlin said...

I totally agree about Melissa, and I'm sure you've totally made her proud. So, so pretty, Lin! Have a blessed weekend!

Greta said...

Wonderful flower stamps for the technique--love your card, Lin!

Maureen Morton said...

I love Melissa's work, too. And, she is a real sweetheart; as are you! I love how you created this quilt-like flower......actually like it better than Melissa's, but don't tell her. Ha.